If you have your ECE from Canada or another country, please apply today! We are hiring for both full time (4 days/week) and part time (2 days/week). If you've always thought about working with children, please get in touch we would love to help you achieve your goal.
The Whistler Children's Centre offers amazing benefits such as health, recreation and professional development to full time employees.
General Responsibilities of the Job:
- Children – Provide an enriched environment that focuses on learning through play. Foster language development for both verbal and non-verbal children. Ensure that all guidance of children encourages positive self-concept, follows policy, and assists in teaching age appropriate problem solving skills. Assist with proper eating, dressing and toilet habits. Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods.
- Administration – Plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for children, engaging in meaningful relationships with children. Regularly attend room meetings and general staff meetings.
- Working with Families – Builds strong relationships with families based on respect, empathy and clear communication.
- Health and Safety – Ensures that all current WCC policies relating to health and safety and nutrition are followed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- ECE or ECE Assistant (Preferred)