Our pediatric clinic is seeking an energetic, positive and qualified dental assistant to join our excellent team of dental professionals. Your role will be vitally important to keeping our practice running smoothly and maintaining our valued patients in the highest level of dental health.
- Medical history update and risk management assessment of patients
- Provide patient education
- Provision of preventive dental care
- Accurate and comprehensive record keeping
- Clean and sterilize instruments
Examples of Specific Duties Include (But Are Not Limited To):
- Manage day-to-day dental assisting operations of practice
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Ensure operatories are fully stocked with materials needed for the day’s procedures/treatments
- Maintain a welcoming and organized clinical area; ensure fully equipped with dental and educational materials.
- Provide appropriate explanations to all patients as to procedures and protocols
- Take radiographs as requested and as qualified with the Ministry of Health, under the Healing Arts Radiation Protection Act (HARP)
- Maintain organized and clean clinical and sterilization areas. Follow inflection control protocol as directed by College (RCDSO).
- Clean, sterilize and maintain instruments, suctions and general equipment.
- Conduct spore/biological indicator tests. Lubricate hand pieces. Clean suction lines, basket filters, operatory and main suction traps.
- Weekly cleaning of autoclave and other sterilization equipment as required.
- Accurately file any patient information received
- Monitor inventory, check expiry dates of dental products and order dental supplies as needed
Additionally, skills required will include: Polishing of teeth, placement and removal of rubber dam, placement of alloy in a cavity preparation excluding condensing/carving, taking dental impressions, oral hygiene instruction and risk management education and dietary counseling.
- Completion of post-secondary Dental Assistant Diploma from a recognized College
- HARP Certified
- Pediatric Experience an asset
- CPR/First Aid
- Office/Reception experience preferred
- Experience interacting with persons with special needs
- Fluent in English
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to empathize and show compassion with all interactions (patients, staff members, doctors and greater community)
- Calm, positive and effective verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic team player that thrives in an independent, empowered environment
- Able to adapt to office policy improvements
- Ability to creatively problem solve in terms of providing optimal, individualized patient
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent