Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you’ve landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing.
Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer!
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
BCAA's Nanaimo Auto Service Centreis hiring for a Full-Time Service Advisor and Lube Technician!
The Service Advisor & Lube Technician (S.A.L.T) is responsible for successfully completing of each work order assigned to them, continuously improving their quality of work, and delivering exceptional Member experiences through their customer handling skills. The S.A.L.T., with guidance and training from the Service Advisors and Manager, is responsible for proper diagnosis and repair of vehicles. The SALT will manage customer relationships from beginning to end by advising and educating the customer while ensuring Member/customer satisfaction, ultimately driving BCAA’s vision to be the most trusted organization in automotive repair.
- Properly complete the services and/or repairs with high quality in a timely manner to help deliver exceptional customer service
- Services include oil and tire changes and basic automotive repairs, as assigned by management
- Assist all other Technicians in the shop as needed
- Achieve productivity goals as assigned by BCAA
- Maintain a high level of Member/customer service at the facility leading to a high level of “measured” member/customer satisfaction
- Ensure that all equipment is in proper and safe working condition. Maintain an overall safe work environment for all team members and in compliance with Worksafe BC standards. Alert Management of any unsafe conditions immediately
- Complete any Automotive Training requested by BCAA
- Ensure compliance with all environmental requirements and BCAA programs that meet or exceed governmental required standards
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Adhere to all applicable safety standards along with all operational policies and procedures.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Service Advisors regarding any changes in work status and/or completion status of vehicles
Customer Service/ Service Advising (30%)
- Ensure timely and high-quality customer service.
- Maintain and develop excellent customer experience and relationships
- Book and Maintain appointment scheduling in scheduler and understand and utilize NEAT application to access member info
- Provide repair estimates and receive customer approvalfor work to be performed, finalizesales, and complete customer follow up next day
- Recommend preventative maintenanceand repair services to members/customers
- Share product knowledge and technical expertise to build customer base
- Review estimate and educate / explain work needed to be done
- Maintain high sales performance and customer satisfaction (NPS / CSI)
- Listen and accurately qualify customer requirements to offer the appropriate diagnostic, maintenance, or repair services to meet the Member/customer’sneeds and/or budget
- Provide all Members/customerswith an estimated completion time and keep them informed of any changes in the quoted time
- Maintain proper communication within the team. Provide accurate and detailed information to Technicians to assist in diagnosis
Acquires and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge (5%)
- Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA products, best practices, standards, policies and systems
- Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
- Keeps up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitor’s product offerings
- Other duties as assigned as operationally necessary or as required for role (5%)
- Education: High School Diploma – Grade 12. Completion of an Automotive Foundation program is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 months of technical training and experience within an automotive repair facility.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 40lbs, bend, reach, walk and stand for long periods of time
- Other Skills:
- Proven interpersonal ability and communication skills with Members/Customers, internal team members, and suppliers
- Ability to professionally represent the BCAA brand to all stakeholders
- Highly motivated to provide exceptional Member/customer experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and meet tight timelines
- Ability to work varied hours including weekends
- Proven analytical, problem solving, trouble shooting and decision making skills
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Proven track record of continuous improvement mindset
- A Satisfactory BC Driver License Class 7 or better
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Job Type: Full-time
- automotive: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)