Health Care Aide is responsible for providing care and assistance in all aspects of daily living to our residents.
STAFF ACCOMODATION AVAILABLE
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Understands and adheres to Origin Active Lifestyle Communities philosophies, policies procedures and practices.
2. Carries out treatments as directed by the nursing staff and documents accordingly.
3. Orients personnel to the community in the absence of/or at the request of the supervisor.
4. Participates with resident move in process and helps with the orientation and/or internal transfer process of residents as directed.
5. Collaborates with other departmental personnel to ensure continuity of care.
6. Cooperates with, and assists all outside agencies that work in the community as assigned.
7. Maintains a safe and clean environment for residents.
8. Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, resident’s families and visitors and reports any problems to the supervisor.
9. Notifies the supervisor of any staff/resident incidents and accidents and completes documentation as required.
10. Supervises and serves residents in the dining room as required. Distributes meal trays to residents in suites as required.
11. Answers all resident call bells and door alarms promptly.
12. Completes all aspects of resident care as outlined in the plan of care and care assignment documentation and communicates with shift supervisors about activities, needs and problems related to resident care and/or safety.
13. Transport or escort residents to and from their rooms as needed. Assists and/or facilitates recreational activities.
14. Ensures that own personal grooming is appropriate and uniform/dress is clean, tidy and ironed in accordance to dress code.
15. Carries out all duties in a safe manner and adheres to lifting policies at all times.
16. Participates in education sessions, fire and evacuation drills and WHMIS training.
17. Completes laundry, food service, activity programming and housekeeping duties as required.
18. Responsible for laundry duties during the night shift.
19. Demonstrates personal attributes and communication skills that foster customer satisfaction at all times.
20. Performs other related duties as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canmore, AB T1W 0K3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)