Exciting job opportunities. Bold lifestyle adventures. A culture of collaboration. Interested? Let’s talk.
Who we are: Hudbay is a Canadian integrated mining company with operations, development properties and exploration activities across the Americas principally focused on the discovery, production and marketing of base and precious metals.
The Opportunity: We are seeking a Journeyman Powerline Technician for our Lalor Mine in Snow Lake, MB. Relocation packages and housing assistance is available to move you and your family to the vibrant community of Snow Lake, although we do have a camp available for those who wish to drive in and out to Snow Lake. Please note this is not a “fly-in-fly-out” opportunity .*The successful candidate would report to the Electrical Superintendent. At Hudbay we have a variety of different shift schedules, however this position is a 7 on/7 off (days/nights - 11.5 hrs each day)
- Receives instructions, diagrams, specifications and work orders from supervision.
- Inspects and tests equipment, analyzes information, interprets diagrams and specifications, plans work procedures and obtains tools and materials as necessary.
- Installs, disconnects and repairs pole and tower transmission lines, transformers, circuit breakers, disconnects, switch gear, insulators, bushing, fuse holders, arrestors, phase and ground wire equipment, wave traps, coupling capacitors, telephone equipment, yard and street lighting, overhead and buried power services to commercial properties serviced by the Company power system, reads and records meter information.
- Performs tasks requiring a thorough knowledge of the electrical and mechanical principles involved, and in a safe and acceptable manner.
- Performs tasks requiring the skill, ability and knowledge necessary to work on high voltage power lines and equipment while energized and carrying the load. Comply with government safety standards and regulations.
- Isolates and grounds circuits, obtains and surrenders clearances from Switching Dispatcher or Operator as required.
- Erects and repairs poles and towers, installs cross arms, armor rods, insulators, power meters, transformers and test switches hardware, conductors, etc., working from poles, towers, man basket attachment for crane, bucket truck or digger derrick truck, ladders or scaffolds, does maintenance and repairs to live lines on metal towers and poles using rubber protective equipment and live line tools. Identify and eliminate power line hazards.
- Excavates holes by use of rock drill, digger derrick auger, jackhammer, backhoe attachment, bar, spoon, shovel, etc.
- Installs station grounding equipment at substations and repairs fencing. String, splice, dead end, sag, and tie in wire conductor.
- Installs metering potential and current transformers on company property.
- Isolate and reroute power.
- Performs switchyard maintenance on company property.
- Operates truck on private and public roads as required, checks and services vehicles and equipment with fuel, oil, coolants, etc. Performs minor repairs such as tightening bolts, fan belts, changing tires, etc. Assists maintenance personnel as required.
- Lineman will work with Electricians and Substation Operators to meet workload requirements.
- Install cable, conduit and raceway support brackets, fixture hangers, etc.
- Records and submits data relevant to job duties.
- Reports irregularities / safety hazards to supervision.
- Keeps working area, tools and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Add or remove oil from transformers and other associated equipment.
- Comply with Company procedures, policies and instructions.
- Control vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
- Clean and maintain substation yards from vegetation and snow as required.
Compensation Package: $41.68/hr, profit sharing, full benefits package beginning day 1 of employment, relocation assistance and pension.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)