Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as an
Psychologist – Health Access Thorncliff Park (Temporary Part-Time)
Contract ends August 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Professional Practice, with oversight by the Manager, Primary Health Care, Health Access Thorncliffe Park (HATP), the Psychologist - Pediatric Health Initiative will focus mainly on providing psychological consultation and programming support, as well as building the capacity of other staff in the areas of developmental disorders, behavioral and mental health issues. We are looking for an individual with strong assessment, consultation and intervention skills who has demonstrated leadership to support the establishment of a new and innovative program. This is a new position, and will require strategic input from the successful applicant, to establish the key components of a program that integrates health and social services agencies, including the school system, in delivering culturally sensitive and holistic interventions together with an interdisciplinary primary care team. This role will provide services to children in the Health Access Thorncliffe Park (HATP) Primary Care Clinic.
*- Ph.D in psychology, or working towards Ph.D and will graduate within 6 months.
- Eligible for registration as a Psychologist in Ontario.
*- Experience working with children and adolescents, preferably in a school setting.
- Recent experience in child development and diagnosis (required).
- Knowledge or experience using a variety of educational assessment measures (required).
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and experience in using an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system preferably Nightingale On-Demand.
- Demonstrated commitment to client service and satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with difficult people or situations.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressured environment with simultaneous demands.
- Adheres to confidentiality policy for sensitive patient data and information.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and collaborate with others in assisting with the delivery of services.
- Second language, is an asset.
- Good performance and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, Please visit www.tehn.ca > Careers > How to Apply to download the application form
Send your resume & application form indicating “SW011808 – Psychologist, HATP” in the subject line
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary