Start Date: January 2023
A BIT ABOUT US
PCK Intellectual Property (“PCK”) prepares patents and trademarks for leading technology companies across the globe. Founded 17 years ago, we are a top-tier, boutique professional services firm comprised of patent and trademark agents with advanced degrees in engineering, science, mathematics and physics. We protect innovations for technology companies across a range of technologies including, software, telecommunications, medical devices, oil and gas, chemistry and biology. We represent leading technology companies across the globe to protect their intellectual property. Our professionals are recognized as global leaders in the field of intellectual property.
Diversity is an important firm value. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace, and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. We welcome applications from equity deserving groups, including Indigenous, Black, other people of colour, persons with disabilities, women, and members of LGBTQIA2S+ communities.
We balance professional excellence with a friendly working environment and a loyal client base. Our reputation starts with having an incredible team. We foster an environment where staff know they are appreciated, and their wellbeing and happiness is of paramount importance to the PCK family!
As a Patent Agent Trainee your role will prepare you for the patent agent qualifying examination and possible fulltime employment with PCK as a Patent Agent.
- Personal mentoring from a team of seasoned patent agents and patent lawyers
- Drafting patent applications
- Prosecuting patent applications
- Development of written and oral advocacy skills
- Exposure to patent commercialization including licensing and litigation support
- An international practice of patent law including USA, Canada, Europe and Asia
- Preparing patentability opinions
- Preparing patent related correspondence
- Maintaining patent files
- Building and maintaining successful client relationships
- Training for the patent agents qualifying examination
- Attending client intake meetings and invention disclosure sessions
- Attending startup conferences and participate in other business development initiatives to meet potential new clients
- Researching and writing for the company website blog, the PCK IP Reporter, as needed
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
THE SKILL SET
- Successful completion of a degree in engineering, computer science, or related field
- A keen interest in developing client relation skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to structure information clearly, concisely and logically
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
PCK is committed to accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Are you willing to undergo a background check?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON
Expected start date: 2023-01-16