Recognized by Deloitte as one of the fastest growing companies in North America, Paymentus is the premier provider of innovative, reliable, and secure electronic bill presentment and payment services for more than 1300 clients leading the Utility, Telecom, Auto Finance, Insurance, Consumer Finance, and Health industries. Our comprehensive eBilling and Payment Platform allows our clients to provide a unified customer bill-pay experience that includes online, mobile, IVR, text, kiosk, and agent-assisted channels, as well as a full range of customer communication options.
You are a hands-on, experienced developer who’s crafted a toolset of skills and experience that span
back-end and front-end development. You have a thirst to continually learn and solve new challenges,
while drawing on that experience and clearly communicated thought-process to evaluate and establish
the best path forward in a cloud-first architecture. Your contribution to the team will support robust
fin-tech solutions that drive large volumes of payments and important business processes for our clients.
You seek to implement best-practices in software design, and evaluate new technologies through
application of working code and tests to gain deeper understanding, to iterate and improve, and
automate everything to ensure code can be delivered through a continuous integration pipeline.
As a motivated team member, you will be responsible for prototyping, design/modeling, coding, and
unit/integration/e2e automated testing to deliver enterprise-level projects that are horizontally-scalable
in containerized environment. You bring to the team your senior-level knowledge of OOD, in particular
with JavaEE 8+, microservices based architectures, Web 2.0 and JS frameworks using ECMAScript 6+ /
TypeScript, and practical experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
You’re great at:
- Problem solving - you listen and seeks to understand context, explore possible solutions, and
solve with the most efficient approach agreed on collaboratively.
- Grasping the business and technical requirements through interaction with internal product
owners and architects, translating business needs into functional cloud-first solutions that are
- Communicating technical concepts to team members, and across the IT organization to assist
others to understand and embrace new technologies and internal best practices.
- Participating in design discussions, facilitating open discussions by establishing clear context.
- Developing expert knowledge through research and practical application, while documenting
and building automated tests in sync with your code.
The Role Requires:
- Iterating and focusing on innovative outcomes, within an agile development process.
- Working with software teams on automated testing methodology, and continuous delivery.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a leading University in North America or
- 5+ years of experience with Java EE; with emphasis on enterprise software development
- 1+ years experience building scalable web applications built around microservices architecture,
including RESTful services in Node.JS, Java or Go.
- Project experience that completed and deployed to production, using one or more of:
Node.JS/Express, React, Vue.
Other Valued Skills:
- Testing frameworks including JUnit 4/5, Mocha, Jest.
- Cloud architecture experience in at least one of AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MSSQL, DB2.
- NoSQL database experience with one of Mongo, Couchbase, Spark, Hbase.
- A passion for technology, exceeding expectations, and building great products.
- Exceptional communication skills; strong writing and speaking skills in English.
- Project experience with asynchronous languages with Node.JS and GoLang
- Docker containerization
- Kubernetes, container orchestration
- Mobile web development targeting Android / iOS using React Native
- Deep understanding of CSS and advance beyond off-the-shelf CSS frameworks
- Machine Learning powering user interfaces, or other AI and ML project experience (not pure
specialization) eg. chatbots, recommendation engines
What We Offer:
- Familiarity with Linux or BSD
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- A collaborative and supportive environment that encourages innovation, career advancement
- Valuable learning opportunities
- Group Health & Dental Benefits plan
- Book a Family day of your choosing, subsidized
- Discounted Goodlife membership
- Team building events
Paymentus is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to providing equal treatment towards all applicants and employees as well as a work environment that is free of discrimination or harassment with regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic religion, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by applicable laws and legislations. Employment is decided on the basis of business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
If you require assistance or special accommodation due to a disability or medical need, please inform us when selected for the recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.