Toronto / GTA
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
The Accounts Manager is responsible for managing a regional territory of large and influential Ophthalmology accounts, as defined by Zeiss, to represent all Zeiss products and services relevant to that account. This individual is responsible for identifying opportunities for penetration sales, proposal development, customer presentations and coordination of new business opportunities. The Account Manager is responsible for the generation of new business sales and placements of defined Surgical Ophthalmology and Refractive lasers in the region. Commits to an annual sales plan, writes specific objectives and forecasts orders and expected revenue on a monthly basis. The Account Manager proactively develops effective business relationships with decision makers in order to meet or exceed sales targets. The Accounts Manager coordinates and participates in meetings with influencers in the account and brings in subject matter experts from Zeiss for demos, or in the development of proposals in order to be most effective. Subject matter experts would include sales managers, sales directors, distributors, service managers, or executives as required for the size and scope of the relationship.
The Account Manager must be responsible for developing excellent product knowledge and an awareness of market conditions. The Account Manager is responsible for communicating ideas, market trends and competitive activities.
Attain or exceed yearly revenue goals for territory of responsibility.
Schedule personalized sales demonstrations to the surgeons in region of responsibility and maintain relationships with existing or potential longer sales cycle accounts.
Promote high volume usage of refractive lasers at customer sites through close account management and frequent account visits and interaction.
Utilize Zeiss customer install base information to efficiently organize, plan, and execute sales actions.
Educate and frequently follow up with Ophthalmologists and staff members on the operation, utilization and application of our product. Educate and support referral network as required.
Provide timely, accurate and constructive written and oral communications regarding expected sales and planned monthly activity. Operates a specific cost center (business) to control sales, expenses, inventory and accounts receivable.
Develop and implement creative and profitable marketing approaches to the individual demands of the representative’s region.
Develop and implement synergy opportunities among other Zeiss companies, Field Service, and other corporate partners when such programs arise
Work with marketing and other departments to ensure that course materials reflect current and up-to-date features.
Provide first line sales and marketing support via remote, including on-site support for the Zeiss Laser Platform in the Canadian marketplace.
Interface with internal and external customers and functional organizations to develop specifications for content of courses.
Attend and support trade shows, conferences, exhibits, seminars and wet-labs as approved
Be able to discuss the marketing program and target a cost effective sales and marketing campaign based on local market needs.
Drive procedure volume by reviewing current procedures performed using competitor’s platforms by educating clinical staff how to sell the benefits of Zeiss products over other competitive platforms.
Conduct follow-up and monitors customer commitment using Zeiss products. Provide feedback to management on sales trends.
Understand customer clinical needs for using other Zeiss products and influence purchasing decisions.
Other Key and Strategic Account Management as assigned (not limited to Refractive)
Direct customer inquiries to appropriate resources.
Be a resource to support Regulatory activities as necessary
Working Conditions and Special Demands:
- Minimum 7 years of successful Cataract Refractive Surgical Sales experience (Premium Surgical Sales experience preferred).
- Surgical ophthalmology capital equipment sales experience required
- High level of technical/clinical product knowledge. Surgical / OR experience is mandatory. IOL experience is highly preferred.
- High level relationships with cataract/refractive KOLs within region, or ideally nationally.
- Experience working with senior-level executives, client relationship management and ability to influence decisions.
- Proven track record of sustained sales success maintaining peak performances to at least the top 20% in sales rankings.
- Ability to develop and make Key/Strategic account level presentations.
- Four (4) years Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- High level of technical/ clinical IOL, refractive laser and ophthalmic equipment product knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years of Strategic and Key/Strategic Account Management and Experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Exceptional negotiating and diplomacy skills
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle license
- 70% or more of time is spent traveling, including extensive plane travel, and overnight stays
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Surgical Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery applications
- Possess knowledge of the diagnostic ophthalmic industry.
- Requires excellent communication skills and teaching ability to work with customers in intense surgical environment.
- Well organized and capable of working independently; exercising independent judgment with minimum supervision.
- Must have excellent team building and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and deal effectively and harmoniously with various personnel, internally and externally, at all levels.
- Excellent team player, coachable and self-motivated, negotiating, closing skills are required
- Excellent verbal, written, consultative and interpersonal communication skills and awareness of cross-cultural issues.
- Resourceful, creative, with an ability to prioritize and proactively offer solutions.
- Must demonstrate their ability to work with internal corporate partners (sales divisions, marketing, regulatory, legal, finance, production, service, etc…) to develop cohesive, comprehensive, and innovative solutions for strategic accounts.
- Experience required in contract negotiation and development.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks. Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Requires clean DMV record and current valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hand tools, objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with his hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Ability to travel as much as 90% of the time. Overnight travel maybe required and some occasional weekend work.
Must be able sit for prolonged periods in an automobile/airplane. May be standing for long periods of time. Requires valid driver’s license.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Carl Zeiss Canada Limited & Carl Zeiss Vision Canada Inc. are equal opportunity employers and are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.