Carmacks Enterprises Ltd. is a civil contractor, specializing in road and bridge construction and maintenance, in business for over 45 years. We are currently seeking a permanent full time Superintendent for our Saskatchewan Highways Division. The position will be focusing on highway work through out the province of Saskatchewan and relocation assistance may be provided for this year round position.
Reporting to the Highway Division Manager, you will be responsible for managing the work crew, operators, and equipment, in a profitable and safe manner to meet the commitments of contracts/agreements. Additional responsibilities will include: daily on-site management of highway construction projects including site management, scheduling, materials and equipment procurement and management, personnel management and quality control.
What is the role?
- Works to maintain excellent communications and working relationships within the organization as well as with contract owners, engineers, associated clients and suppliers;
- Co-ordinates and schedules projects, equipment requirements, materials, supplies and subcontractors with the General Superintendent and works with and advises Foreman of daily tasks and expected production;
- Must be familiar with all project specifications and attend the job pre-planning meeting;
- Trains personnel as required on performance of duties and behavior on the work site;
- Ensure health and safety standards meet legislated requirements and company policy ensuring that all start up, safety and tailgate meetings are completed on schedule and documented;
- Ensure that all environmental guidelines and regulations are followed;
- Ensure quality control by checking that ride, cross-fall and width are to specification;
- Manages each project to result in contract specifications and standards meeting or exceeding requirements and quality products provided;
- Where project results and/or job costing is off target, discusses with General Superintendent and Division Manager to determine the best course of action;
- Keeps current of new industry trends, technology, equipment and techniques;
- Identify and implement operational improvements and efficiencies; and
- Identify potential business opportunities/work with Carmacks management to follow up.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 10 years road construction experience.
- 3 to 5 years supervisory experience, preferably as a Base Foreman or Superintendent.
- Knowledge of Granular Base Course, Sub-grade prep, and GBC laydown.
- You must hold a Class 5 Drivers License with a clean driving record
Reference ID: 68yz
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- road construction: 10 years (required)
- Supervisory: 3 years (preferred)