Reporting directly to the Area Manager, the Project Coordinator is responsible for communications and requests from the owner and/or consultant, subcontractors, Project Managers and Superintendents. The Project Coordinator monitors and communicates compliance and non-compliance of quality control measure for field processes to ensure workmanship quality and records are kept for projects.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Responsible for project file set up and activity cost coding, preparation and distribution of job packages to facilitate field operations, maintain safety and other project documentation in file.
- Monitor sub-contractors for compliance, including review and enforcement of sub-contractor checklist and report any violations to the Manager.
- Review planned work at the beginning of each shift with respective foreman and set / agree to targeted results for that shift.
- Ensure sub-contractor performing their scope of work to design standards and specifications.
- Work in partnership with the Contractor’s Supervision and Foremen to ensure the success of the Project
- Promote a team atmosphere with all Project personnel
- Ensure that deviations to the work schedule are identified and are being addressed by the Contractor / owner crew
- Assist in troubleshooting areas of concern and in formulating plans to alleviate or mitigate problems
- Acts as a company representative at all site meetings and as a point of contact for field level questions regarding a project.
- Responsible for collection and confirmation of field quantities for month end progress submissions.
- Collect and record valuable information regarding the execution of a project and issues during construction.
- Responsible for weekly collection of project costing updates.
- Maintain up-to-date short term work schedules of the active projects he/she is involved in.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
- Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Perform duties safely around mobile equipment and have a high sense of safety awareness while performing work.
- Other related duties as required.
- Journeyman Trade Certified or other relevant diploma/degree considered
- 5 years experience in construction project coordination
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
Reference Job ID #208
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
"WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential."
Job Type: Contract
- Construction coordinator: 5 years (Preferred)