The Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of project management within the Roterra teams’ solutions-focused approach. This individual provides influence, leadership and direction on their projects while simultaneously supporting other project managers and coordinators to provide seamless foundation solutions. Project management oversight includes functions of estimating, revenue and cost reporting, project budgets, client relations and team management.
- Work with the Pre-Construction Manager to transfer estimates to project management level
- Provide initial construction budgets to accounting department
- Provide detailed review and evaluation of contract terms
- Execute projects in accordance with contracts and schedules
- Provide influence, leadership, supervision, mentorship and management to the project management team (Project Engineers, Managers, Coordinators, and Administrators)
- Coordinate equipment and crew requirements with general superintendent(s) and/or field operations
- Manage labor and equipment requirements on an ongoing basis
- Accurately track the progress of the work and periodically compare to the project budget, notify accounting and/or management of any significant deviations along with an explanation for the deviation
- Provide effective contract change management to identify any scope creep or changes, change conditions, or claim situations that are discovered during the course of the work and notify client, as per contract timeframes, and track and submit all cost and schedule impacts for changes and complete and execute all change orders
- Ensure procurement and equipment requests are submitted in a timely manner
- Manage revenue forecasting, project budgets and cost reporting, and cost control
- Manage project margin and actively seek avenues of additional revenue streams
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and monitor receivables for projects
- Provide guidance and assist with Accounts Payable function
- Participate in brand recognition and awareness activities including attendance at industry associations, customer social activities, customer meetings and customer presentations
- Project estimation to support project pursuit with select opportunities in collaboration with estimating team and Pre-Construction Manager
- Liaise with the Roterra team of Engineers, Estimators, Construction Managers, Field Crews, Subcontractors and Fabricators to ensure the successful execution of piling projects
- Adhere to Roterra’s health and safety policies and procedures as well as our ISO 9001:2015 certified program
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering
- Engineering certification or equivalent education and experience considered
- A minimum of 10 years of project management experience with 5 years piling experience
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership
- Solid understanding of construction practices and processes with a proven record of successful project execution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of industry processes, procedures, and best practices
- A thorough understanding of the project management discipline and demonstrated project management skills.
- A can-do attitude to effectively roll-out initiatives and create excitement in the organization.
- Thorough understanding of geotechnical and structural engineering principles
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, combined with the ability to interact and gain the support of senior management and other decision makers.
- Highly proficient technically in Microsoft Project, Primavera or other scheduling software.
- Knowledgeable in document management and quality assurance systems.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills handling multiple job priorities, performing a variety of tasks and meeting required deadlines.
- Sound leadership, proactive staff management and strong team building skills.
- Results-driven and career focused thriving on the success and growth of a company culture.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, advanced conversation skills including negotiation and conflict resolution abilities.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to privacy and confidentiality.
Roterra is an Edmonton based turn-key foundation solutions provider with a focus on four main technologies: helical screw, bored cast-in-place, driven, and continuous flight auger piling. We offer engineering and fabrication support with a focus on providing high quality turnkey solutions based service. Roterra provides solutions to a variety of industries across several geographic regions and strives to provide an industry-leading customer experience.
Job Type: Full-time