Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Canopy Growth Corporation (Tweed) is looking to hire a Full-Stack Developer, to work out of our Kanata office or our Smiths Falls office. Work from home is also an option. You will be working in a fast-paced, continuous integration environment, writing software that medical and recreational cannabis customers as well as CGC employees use on a daily basis. We’re looking for someone who will contribute to the development of our microservices as well as work in established applications and systems.
- Development and maintenance of application solutions as part of an Agile software development team
- Development and maintenance of features in an existing ERP application
- Development of new solutions in a Google Apps environment
- REST API architecture and development, using Python and Django, and related frameworks
- Writing unit tests and test frameworks
- Assist in investigation and resolution of support incidents
- Participate in code reviews
- Other duties as required
- Experience with Sage X3 or another ERP
- 3+ years of experience with a modern language in a web environment. Python/Django preferred, other frameworks and languages are cool too, as long as you can learn quickly.
- 3+ years of experience with MySQL or other SQL-based databases. Query optimization, indexes, stuff like that.
- Some experience with Google Apps scripting would be nice but not required.
- Experience developing REST APIs and other back-end systems.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, HTTP, operating system concepts, and performance analysis
- Solid experience with Git and JIRA - or another task tracker.
- Experience with Docker is desirable.
- Some experience on the front-end side, including HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery. Experience with Vue.js, React.js, Angular, or other MVC framework preferred.
- Experience with a POSIX-based system (Linux, OS X) as a working and deployment environment
- Excellent communication skills. Accurate communication is critical as some team members are remote.
- Academic degree or comparable education and work experience
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata or Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.