Intermediate Network Administrator
A busy and growing IT managed services provider with clients in the Southern Ontario and Western NY. Our core services include network monitoring, preventative maintenance activities, project management / fulfillment, and help desk services to multiple SMB clients.
Learn more about us at www.binatech.com
We are seeking an individual to service clients from our Hamilton ON office location. This individual must be highly motivated, self-directed individual with strong technical leadership and abilities, to work on our managed services team. A demonstrated track record of successfully managing your day-to-day tasks while at the same time, being involved and staying on track with strategic projects and initiatives is a requirement.
This role also requires customer account ownership at a technical level, so clear written and verbal communication is a must, as well as an ability to translate complex technical concepts to end users and executives at a level they can easily comprehend.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- The successful candidate will work under the general direction of the Service Manager
- This person will be working within a dynamic team of individuals who are responsible for providing preventative and reactive IT support to our clients with various architectures.
- The individual will also work on L3 escalations, higher end client work and also various projects as they relate to Server, VM, SAN, Network Infrastructure jobs
- Work on designing solutions for clients and be a technical resourse for the other technicians and the Sales Department on the quoting side of the jobs
- This person will also drive technology, not only for the clients but for Binatech as well
- Mentoring other technicians
- Attending appropriate training sessions and conferences as required
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be jointly responsible for the support and management of our client’s networks which range from 1 to 25 servers and end-user groups ranging from 10 to 150 users.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Windows 2008, 2012 Servers, Active Directory, MS Exchange, VMWare and Network Services.
- Ability to work as a technical liaison/leader with clients.
- VMWare experience a must
- Administration and day-to-day management of the Server Infrastructure with a focus on Windows 2008, Exchange, Active Directory, MS SQL, MS SharePoint and ESX.
- Technical problem isolation and resolution capability.
- Strict adherence to the use of our ticketing system for ALL incidents, changes, problems, and communication with end users and stakeholders.
- Ability to correlate incident trends into problem management and execute permanent fixes.
- Provide support to production systems in a 24x7 environment.
- Review and interpret alerts and provide advanced response, analysis and incident management.
- Install, support, patch and maintain Windows servers.
- Assist with technical issues as they relate to desktops.
- Plan and manage the required service changes and deploy service releases into Production (and non-Production) environments.
- Design and implement a wide range of projects; including server consolidations, migrations and upgrades.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Mandatory minimum 5 years practical technical IT experience pursuant to this job posting.
- VMWare experience of a minimum 3 years
- Experience managing Windows Server 2003, 2008R2, 2012
- Experience managing Exchange 2007/2010
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. You must be clearly understood over the telephone and in writing as this position entails regular communications with clients.
- Hands on support of Windows server (2008/2012), MS Exchange (2007/2010), MSSQL, MS SharePoint, Active Directory, Group Policies, HTTPS, FTP(S), DNS, SNMP, RDP, HTTP, Monitoring and Reporting Systems
- Knowledge of network hardware, including Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless controllers & access points
- Ability to carry out in-depth technical research and analysis of software and hardware.
- Experience in making use of available resources, including technical specification documents and white papers, knowledge database, expertise forums and others.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN environments and protocols
- SAN experience is an asset.
- Ability to manage projects and assignments, both from the technical and procedural points of view, ensuring all key aspects are addressed and timelines met.
- Ability to manage high pressure situations and deal with challenging issues
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-tiered environments and mission critical systems in high availability configurations
- Experience with backup and restore operations
- Self-interest to keep abreast with technology and industry best practices
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as a strong team player
- Great people skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about your work and creating quality solutions
- Attention to detail and strong problem analysis and solving skills
- A positive attitude with creative thinking and willingness to attempt a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license.
Copyright with Binatech Software Inc - 2019
Job Type: Full-time