The Associate Project Manager’s primary function is to coordinate and exercise functional authority for the planning, organization, control, integration and completion of customer projects related to the introduction of new products for new customers and new products for the existing customer base. Upon receipt of the customer order this position serves as the focal point for all project-related communications with the customers to ensure constant and consistent service. This position is responsible for partnering with all involved functions, specifically sales, engineering and manufacturing, to organize and support critical aspects to meet customer delivery targets.
- Coordinate and control the release of project-specific data throughout the organization.
- Oversee initial project launch documentation and take leading role in managing its start up to production.
- Participate in meetings with Estimating and Engineering for peer reviews and design guidance.
- Work closely with Project Management Team to support new product launches, engineering changes implementation and product.
- Provide estimates on tooling, special purpose gauges/fixtures, cycle times, capital costs to assist with quotation process.
- Create presentations detailing out the scope of change on customer provided data.
- Responsible for developing and executing the project timeline meeting the needs of the customer.
- Responsible for the cost of the delivered product and the project budget.
- Responsible for risk assessment and risk management, specifically the engineering risk, the initial design assessment or concept and driving the design to maturity within project timing and budget.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with the customer, transparent, reliable and respected.
- Follows customer specific documentation and matches them with internal requirements on a program by program basis.
- Effectively communicate information, issues, project status and concerns to superiors, managers and project teams.
- Able to lead review meetings and ensure that project targets are met by holding participants accountable.
- Experience with UNIGRAPHICS NX and CATIA REQUIRED.
- Must possess the ability to read Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing drawings.
- Proficiency with reading, analyzing, checking and comprehension of engineering drawings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project.
- Excellent English communication skills both written & verbal are a must.
- College or University related background in Engineering, Sciences, Mechanics
- PMP and/or Professional Engineering designation accreditation an asset
REPORTS TO: Corporate Program Manager
BENEFITS: * * Opportunities for overtime work, working with experienced staff and being part of a great team, free healthcare & pension plan, annual bonus and Summer BBQ.
MetriCan will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- automotive industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Unigraphics NX: 3 years (Preferred)
- CATIA: 3 years (Preferred)