The Turnaround Scheduler job, located near Fort McMurray, Alberta is a full time four month contract position supporting a major TA for our O&G client. The TA Scheduler will be responsible for creating and maintaining the detailed job plan data (job steps, logic, resources, etc.) into scheduling tool / Primavera Enterprise 6 to develop the Turnaround Master Schedule. You will have a minimum of 8 years relevant experience including major TA events and experience through all phases; strategy, planning, execution, and close out. This is a rotational position with camp and flights provided from Calgary or Edmonton hubs only.
Responsibilities of the TA Scheduler job include:
- Create & maintain high level milestone schedule and execution readiness schedule
- Review & amend P6 scheduling strategy for developing TA schedule.
- Identify resource requirements, coding and WBS structure for effective schedule development & maintenance.
- Produce and maintain “Scheduling Strategy” document.
- Implement the scheduling function for Planned Turnaround/PitStop/Outage events.
- Ensure all turnarounds are scheduled with the approved scheduling strategy.
- Recognize the primary function of the scheduling tool for development of critical path and near critical path jobs and resource leveling for the event.
- Ensure the turnaround schedule includes all tasks and activities necessary to achieve the scope and objectives of the turnaround.
- Enter job plan details, including activity description, duration, craft and hours, equipment and materials as required.
- Design the schedule data to allow the easy extraction of the reports.
- Create logical network of activities and, ultimately, a critical path of work and schedule, without overly constraining the schedule.
- Determine activity relationships and create logistical ties based on execution coordinators and planners input.
- Produce PERT charts and summary bar charts.
- Maintain master schedule of project or turnaround.
- Ensure project backups are made as required.
- Provide all necessary schedules to ensure the development of proper estimates and cost forecasts within a project phase.
- Provide scheduling mentorship to junior schedulers based on experience with using Primavera specifically for turnarounds
- Ensure review and buy-in of the integrated schedule with key stakeholders, including contractors.
- Comply with all established Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and is worn where and when required.
- Ensure adequate coverage to maintain data processing and schedule updates.
- Maintain approved project baseline(s).
- Closely monitor the critical path and near critical path scope and report the variance to the execution and work with execution to develop recovery plans.
- Input field updates into schedule as required based on reported progress (field craft, planner, or coordinator).
- Generate summary, detailed and comparative reports for turnaround management.
- Generate look-ahead reports for field coordinator(s) and contractors to drive work.
- Maintain log of additional work / found work and ensure that it is scheduled and tracked during execution.
- Develop, maintain & periodically issue associated progress curves, completing estimates, earned value reports etc.
- Perform other associated duties as assigned.
- Ensures security profiles are maintained to sufficiently protect the project file.
- Performs data analysis, identifies problems and makes recommendations.
- Monitors schedule deviation for assigned trades or specialties and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for site maintenance considerations.
- Identifies and reports activities which have critical or potential impact on schedule.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting Schedule Recovery Plans.
- .XER copy of the project and PDF copy of the project is saved on the drive for easy reference.
- Participates in the lessons learned and lookback process for the turnaround event.
- Produce final “Close-out Report” of the process including what went well and what needs improving.
- 8 or more years relevant experience
- Experience on major TA events
- High level of knowledge / capability with Primavera Enterprise P6
- High capability with MS Office suite; Outlook, Word, Excel
- Trades background / Journeyman is a plus
- Valid Drivers license, CSTS / CSO ticket
- Able to work in camp setting on rotational schedule
Qualified individuals interested in the TA Scheduler job near Fort McMurray, Alberta, please apply via our website: www.Roevin.ca