My name is Katrina Lainsbury the founder of NECESSARY (@shopnecessary), Toronto's first contemporary boutique dedicated to supporting Canadian brands with a curated selection of vintage. I opened the shop in May 2019 on Dundas West since I've opened I've begun to grow our community to a new venture called Nobody Know's which is a club/studio for creatives within the city (but not limited too)
With the growth of both the studio and the shop, I am looking for the right hand to grow with me.
Over the last few years, I have worked with a few of Canada's top fashion companies, agencies, and networking of very talented individuals. I learnt a lot and I want to share that knowledge, but I have one goal with my shop & my community. I want the spaces that I curate to leave everyone with the same feeling of being welcomed, understood, and remembered.
What I am looking for:
- Someone I can trust to build those relationships with our clientele. This is the most important thing to me, I have made some amazing friends, connections, and have had some great conversations (it's why I built the bench). I need you to be able to do the same!
- Has to passion for the fashion & design industry and an interest in contemporary & sustainable brands with a finger on the pulse of what's trending.
- Wants to be involved in a growing community here in Toronto
- Looking to gain experience working in a small business, and eager to bring in new ideas.
- Is a self-starter with exceptional organizational skills
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in luxury or contemporary retail
- Has strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Currently enrolled in a diploma/degree program that requires an internship credit.
- Assisting with special events that the boutique participates in and hosts in collaboration with brands or our community club Nobody Knows Club.
- Assisting me with research for various projects.
- Assisting our clients, helping them find what they are looking for, booking them an appointment (we are looking to build out our personal shopping experience), educating them on our brands, processing transactions, etc.
- Contribute to the conceptualization and production of editorial content.
- Pitch and write short articles on our website (but, only if this is your thing)
- Assist with basic administrative tasks.
- Assist on sets on behalf of the shop.
- Process letters, memos, and other correspondence in accordance with the NECESSARY voice.
- Gather and fulfill marketing material requests including brochure packages, information packages, and promotional item
Please email me with your answers to the following:
1. List of your favourite designers?
2. Where do you go for trend reports?
3. Favourite shops online/brick & mortar?
4. Who would you say our top 3 competitors are?
Looking forward to chatting soon!
Job Type: Internship
- Retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Preferred)