Vena Solutions is seeking Software Developer in Test, Data to help us expand our sophisticated SaaS cloud technology. This role is a match for you if you are an innovative Development professional with an aptitude for and experience in test automation of cloud-based software.
As a Software Developer in Test in the Data team, you will be responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of automated tests to support the Software Test Life Cycle. In addition, you will collaborate with the Product Development team to design and maintain test environments and frameworks for standardized test processes based on testing methodologies and industry best practices.
Check out the team blog for more details at engineering.vena.io ( http://engineering.vena.io/ )
What you will do
- Analyze existing projects and requirements to identify test requirements
- Lead the efforts to write, maintain, and manage tests for distributed data services
- Identify and execute test strategies for functional, integration, regression testing, and performance tests
- Work with development and product management teams to identify testing needs and review testing strategies
- Develop test frameworks, ensuring consistency, scalability, and stability
What we use
Please note this reflects a portion of our technical stack. We are constantly evolving and revisiting our stack to be on the cutting edge:
- A Java 8 back-end Server using Google Guice, Hibernate, and Dropwizard
- A custom-built OLAP processing engine with our in house DSL, and ANTLR-based compiler
- Modern data stores like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redshift, and RDS
- Supporting micro-services written in Java and GoLang
- Fully automated AWS cloud infrastructure
- A C# .NET Excel add-in built using VSTO, Excel Interop/VBA, and LINQ
- And much more
Does this sound like you?
- Prior experience in test development role, preferably within a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent background and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of scalable distributed systems and data services
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and software development fundamentals related to development of test cases
- Experienced with development/bug tracking tools (GitHub, JIRA, etc.)
- Proficient with one or more of the databases (SQL, MS SQL, Oracle or DB2, Redshift, MongoDB, Postgres)
- Familiarity with performance testing and tuning for large scale data services
- Previous experience in one or more programming languages (i.e. .NET, Java, or Python)
- Thorough and detail-oriented approach with an ability to analyze how product changes affect all product components
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Don't currently tick all of the boxes? We pride ourselves on our mentorship culture, please apply if this role and Vena excites you!
Apply today…. We can't wait to hear from you!
At Vena, we empower people to work the way they think. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we're part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can get back to doing their best work.
We strive to promote a culture and community that supports one another and allows for growth and fun. We hope to inspire and ensure our Venanites feel comfortable to innovate and can enable their creative side while at work.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country which the role is based. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to email@example.com when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.