Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Gas & Oil Technician responds to various inquires related to instrumentation, power and burner problems on industrial and commercial boilers. The technician offers various services related to maintenance, servicing, start-up and adjustment of burners on boilers. He responds to service calls as well as trouble shooting calls at client’s location.
More specificly, he will have to:
- Perform various maintenance and repair works on boilers such as: burner optimization, lubrication of the burners and boiler components, cleaning of the water and fire sides, replacement of water and fire sides, limits and combustion testing, etc.;
- Complete commissioning and start-ups of boilers;
- Assure various compliances (combustion emission standards for various residual gases and boiler-related equipment with oil and natural gas standards);
- Create business opportunities through existing and new clients by conducting customer maintenance and problem-solving visits among others;
- Provide quality customer service and support (includes a wide range system control and performance problems relative to combustion equipment for steam and hot water);
- Provide consulting and troubleshooting for operational problems;
- Package boilers for in house sales;
- Support Sales Team and Branch Manager through new sales opportunities;
- Maintain an orderly and safe work environment.
The person we are looking for will correspond to this profile:
Technical skills :
- Valid TSSA G1 Gas license;
- 5 years of pertinent experience with boilers and combustion;
- Gas and Oil Burner experience in industrial/commercial settings;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license;
- Knowledge of electrical equipment and troubleshooting electrical components;
- Reading and understanding of drawings (electrical and mechanical);
- Mechanical abilities.
Soft skills :
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Team Player;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Client focus;
- Dependable, reliable and flexible (available for customer calls after hours and on weekends);
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
Job Type: Full-time