Position Title: Ag. Service Technician
Position Reports to: Service Manager
Summary of Position:
Delta Power Equipment is looking for an Agricultural Service Technician to work on agricultural, construction and heavy equipment. The heavy equipment technician performs mechanical repair and maintenance on product lines such as Case IH, New Holland, Merlo, Terex, Kobelco and more. As part of the service team, he/she receives jobs each day from the Service Manager and then determines the extent of repairs needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Diagnose defects in heavy equipment.
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required.
- Complete work orders and time cards accurately.
- Install new and added-on equipment.
- Repair or adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves and any other necessary mechanical components.
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Repair cooling and lubrication systems.
- Install and align engines.
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drive-trains and final drives.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Other mechanical repair work as required.
- Instruct apprentices
- 425A Agricultural Equipment Technician License or 421A Heavy Duty Equipment Technician License preferred.
- Previous experience as an agricultural or heavy equipment technician.
- Knowledge of agricultural and heavy equipment.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Valid G driver's licence with a clean driving abstract.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Safety equipment will be required (For example, steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses)
Compensation will be based on experience.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in starting an exciting career with us, please apply by submitting your resume to employment(a)deltapower.ca and indicate the position you are interested in.
Get To Know Delta:
Delta Power Equipment is a full service equipment dealership providing sales, service and parts support at 9 locations with 250 employees across Southwestern Ontario. Delta Power Equipment is looking for people who are passionate about agriculture, equipment, customer service, and who want to make a difference in the lives of our customers. If this sounds like you and you take pride in a job well done, contact us today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent