- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience (based on 3 years of relevant work experience for every 1 year of education)
- 5+ years professional experience in large-scale front-end software development
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Experience in an agile software development methodology
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
How does Advertising work at Amazon?
Our job is to deliver engaging advertisements by targeting the right customer with the right creative. We build self-service tools for our advertisers to simplify available options to a goals-oriented ad builder allowing advertisers more time to quickly set up campaigns and improve their sales, while giving them the tools and reporting to optimize running campaigns.
We are looking for a strong Front Ened Engineer to help us build the next generation of UI experiences and self service tools. We are seeking that rare combination of solid coding background, but an aptitude and love to apply cutting edge UI frameworks (Angular, ReactJS, etc), challenge the status quo and raise the UX bar on every product you build. You have a proven record of building robust web-based applications, and have passion to deliver complex customer facing features and applications and take great personal pride in building cool interfaces for other developers to use. As a key team member, you will help build and scale a combination of self-service tools, customer-facing shopping experiences on Amazon.com worldwide, rapid UI experimentation and analytics features.
We foster and embrace innovation; you will get a chance to apply cutting edge front end technologies and help us build, scale and operate a multi-million initiative of Amazon Advertisement. You will work with customers to scope, design, implement, test and launch new features. You will determine and recommend the right design and UX based on business objectives, timelines and resource constraints. Your advertisers rely on your tools so they can successfully match their products with the right customers. You help by giving advertisers data relevant to their goals, provide insights on steps to achieve these goals, and develop tools to quickly make these changes. This is a great opportunity to impact different facets of the business, in a very visible sense.
You may already know if you’re a fit, but perhaps you’re concerned about technology and experience requirements—don’t be. We are looking for smart, proven engineers with a passion for learning and delivering.
This is a chance to get in on the ground floor for what is becoming a huge area of growth for Amazon’s advertising business. Join Amazon's display advertising team today, make history, and transform customer’s experiences.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Passion for creating efficient, scalable web interfaces and architecture setting a high bar on customer delight
- 2+ years of experience with ReactJS
- 3+ years of web development experience with Bootstrap, AngularJS, JQuery or other front-end frameworks
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby) is a plus
- Proven ability to build testability into code and designs
- Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, or REST
- History of launching features globally
- Degree in CSci or similar technical discipline
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI