The Cabin Counsellors will provide direct camper assistance on a daily basis in accordance to SaskAbilities policies,
procedures and objectives. These key staff members work directly with campers to facilitate their daily care needs and
ensure smooth and safe camper participation and implementation of the camp program. The cabin counsellor should
have strong leadership skills, be a team player, be empathetic and patient and possess the ability to manage stress
and multiple demands.
- Guide a cabin of 6-7 campers with the assistance of other cabin counsellors.
- Attend to camper’s emotional wellbeing, ensuring they feel secure, comfortable, and welcome in the camp
- As much as possible, encourage each campers’ independence and recognize and utilize potentials for personal
growth or social development; encourage maximum camper participation in all activities, while respecting a
camper’s personal choice.
- Be responsible for the totality of camper’s care: toileting and bathing; dressing and grooming; lifting; feeding, and
assisting to bed and getting up.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Participate in all camp activities.
- Possess a genuine interest in working with persons experiencing disability.
- Must be hard working, work responsibly and independently.
- Educational background/experience in disability studies, recreation, health care, social work, education, or related
programs considered an asset.
- Previous experience at a summer camp or residential workplace is considered an asset.
- Previous experience working or volunteering with persons experiencing disability considered an asset.
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Available to work, on site, May 19 to August 22, 2020. Camp is located at Manitou Beach, SK.
Transportation to and from site is the personal responsibility of successful candidate.
$12.00 per hour for first year counsellor; $12.50 per hour for CES experienced staff.
10 to 12-hour shifts, (Monday-Friday) including rotational night shift.
Approximately 57 hours per week. Room and board included.
Go to SaskAbilties Camp Easter Seal, review full job description on the Staff and Volunteers page, then
complete the online application. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
For other position-specific questions, please contact Camp Manager, Christine Epp, at email@example.com