The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Cascades is seeking an energetic Outsides Sales Representative with previous industry or manufacturing experience to join our team. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be tasked with developing business in both new and existing accounts within the Greater Toronto Area. The incumbent is responsible for customer relations and working closely with both the operations and inside sales teams to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Prospecting through cold calls, network and referrals to develop new business
- Solves problems related to customer sales.
- Reduces (where possible) cost to the customer
- Manages territory as directed and assigned
- Controls sales expenses
- Services existing clients in a professional manner
- Solicits new business at current customers
- Work on increasing margins at current customers
- Promotes growth for both company and customer
- Designs new packages creating alternative package ideas for cost savings both customer and to Bird Packaging
- Liaisons with design department
- Communicates with inside sales and all other departments
- Maintains and updates files for current and perspective customers
- Remains updated on competition and the competitive marketplace - i.e. sales, ideas, designs, new products, alternatives, etc.
- Investigates complaints and resolves to benefit all parties, follow-up with" corrective measures
- Acts as an information base for customers and staff
- Ensures compliance with set policies and procedures to remain in compliance with I.S.O. 9000 standards
- Discusses and otherwise keeps informed the immediate Supervisor on all matters, which go beyond individual authority
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post Secondary Education
- Two years outside selling experience- industry and/or manufacturing experience an asset
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, operating instructions and training and procedure manuals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP Software
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly and effectively
- Comfortable making presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Valid drivers license, safe driving record, and ability to drive
- Ability to carry/ transport samples to customers
Job Type: Full-time
- outside sales / Business development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)