The CPAC Festival is celebration of the fusion of music and food. The festival celebrates multiculturalism by bringing the Caribbean Community together with its rich history and diverse culture. It continues to draw audiences mainly from across Canada and the USA while being the longest running Food and Music festival in North America.
This role is a Part-Time remote postion working a flexbile schedule on a weekly basis.
We are looking for an ambitious Marketing and Brand Specialist who can shape CPAC's outward image. This individual is responsible for uncovering consumer insights and deliver innovative marketing campaigns. We’ll turn to this individual to learn what can attract our customers and prospects and how we can improve customer experience. The focus will be on creating, implementing, tracking and optimizing our digital and traditional marketing campaigns across various marketing channels.
This postition is predominately REMOTE with the exception of attenting Monthly Managment meetings
As a Marketing and Brand Specialist at CPAC you will:
- Analyze brand positioning and consumer insights.
- Shape and communicate our vision and mission.
- Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies.
- Conducting market research to establish customer trends and habits that can lead to sales.
- Establish goals and objectives to reach our customers through appropriate marketing channels (digital and traditional).
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers through prospecting and networking.
- Lead creative development to motivate the target audience to “take action”.
- Promote brand awareness through marketing efforts.
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates.
- Support the Social Media Coordinator with marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas, including optimization, advertising, social media, direct marketing, and event planning.
- Assist with the analyses of marketing data, including campaign results, conversion rates, and online traffic, in order to improve future marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Perform other duties when needed.
- Have a portfolio of work /samples of your previous work.
- Thrive in a cooperative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pride yourself on attention to detail.
- Proficient in in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and within a team environment.
- Willing to be flexible with job duties.
- Experience using analytics software.
- Work well with a team.
- Proven working experience as Brand Specialist or Associate Brand Manager.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns.
- Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers.
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices.
- Degree/Diploma in marketing or a related field.
This is a Remote Position based out of the Greater Toronto region. Although a flexible work schedule is offered, availabilty is required to attend management meetins which take place once per month on Saturdays from 1pm-4pm.
Only candidates with a Valid permit to work in Canada and HST number will be considered.
- Due to the nature of this role and our maturity as a company, all applicants must have permanent work authorization and an HST number prior to applying. We are not able to sponsor or transfer employment visas (e.g. H-1B).
- Must have the ability to work remotely.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
We evaluate all candidates based on their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates based on sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Secondary School (required)
- Marketing: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON