General Summary : Assists the assistant and store manager in all aspects of the daily operations of a retail store to achieve targeted productivity, sales and profitability.
Major Responsibilities : include the following.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
- Monitor operations to ensure standards are met and maintained regarding merchandise presentation, customer service, store safety, cleanliness, shrinkage and operating cost controls.
- Manages store in absence of Store Manager.
- Assists in active recruiting, selection, training, scheduling, and evaluation of store personnel.
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
- Demonstrates salesmanship skills by maintaining sales productivity levels.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, cleaning store including bathroom and stockroom, vacuuming and returning product to inventory.
- Monitors deliveries of product movement within the store to ensure effective inventory and merchandise management.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and practices including signing, pricing and loss prevention.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash accountabilities at POS registers.
- Implements security precautionary measures to protect company assets.
- Able to use POS system
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Special projects as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in a retail store.
- Management experience.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English required and French in Quebec.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proper telephone etiquette
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- fashion retail: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)