The Post Hotel & Spa is a Relais and Chateaux property chosen by Travel and Leisure Magazine 2019 as one of the top ten resorts in Canada! We are located in Lake Louise, Alberta in the heart of the world famous Banff National Park.
Our Kitchen runs on the “Brigade System” with specific stations such as Saucier, Rotisseur, Garde Manger, Entremetier, Tournant, etc. We require previous experience in this system.
- To be fully aware of the preparation and service of all dishes on the hotel menus.
- To prepare and present dishes on hotel menus according to customer requirements.
- To consistently deliver superior customer service.
- Oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals in the restaurant.
- Enforcement of strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen; and trouble shooting any problems that may arise.
- To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To be responsible for the preparation of all dishes in your allocated area, ensuring that all guests receive efficient service and high-quality dishes.
- To gain experience in all sections of the kitchen and ensure company and legal requirements are maintained at all times.
- Cook Red Seal Certificate or equivalent.
- Three (3) years experience in a reputable culinary establishment.
- Ability to communicate and work comfortably in English.
Due to our location in Banff National Park, the Post Hotel provides all employees with staff housing. For this reason, we are unable to accommodate potential candidates who have families with children.
We will only consider applications from candidates who are Citizens, Permanent Residents or Foreign Nationals who are eligible to work in Canada. We will not perform a Labour Market Impact Assessment for this role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.75 /hour
- cooking: 3 years (Required)
- Line Cook: 1 year (Preferred)