Coordinator of Facilities Services
Reporting to the Administrator of Facilities Services, the successful candidate will participate in construction project management including construction, demolition, renovation, and accessibility. Will ensure compliance with Regulatory Agencies, Ontario Fire Code, Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA), Ministry of Environment, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all related Regulations, Code, Acts and School Policy. The candidate will work with school staff, engineers, architects, authorities and municipalities to facilitate construction with minimal impact to school staff, students and others and perform other related duties as assigned.
Yearly Salary: $55,418.98
- Coordinate and attend project meetings with various stakeholders.
- Perform administrative duties related to various Ministry funded projects including: preparing reports and studies, assess and manage projects, liaise with project proponents, provide outreach to potential project proponents.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of forms, databases and templates as required (example: First Life Safety Plans). Support the development and scheduling of an inventory asset data base for facilities projects.
- Ensure compliance of the laws, regulations, codes, policies, bylaws, and orders of the various authorities, agencies, municipalities and ministries such as Education, Labour, Environment, Public Health and Regional and Municipal departments such as Fire and Building.
- Utilize internal management programs for the tracking and monitoring of projects and respond to request for information internally and externally.
- Expectation of occasional on-call duties
- Ensure all appropriate health and safety laws, regulations, policies and procedures are followed.
- College Diploma or certification in Project/Facilities Management, Architecture, Construction or equivalent knowledge and experience in a facilities management or construction related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in project/facilities management with experience in managing multiple sites and/or projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
- Knowledge of and ability to operate basic computer software applications, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and other applicable software.
- Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, building infrastructure, construction processes, schematics, mechanical/electrical drawings, diagrams and layouts is essential.
- Familiarity with a Computerized Maintenance Management System and/or AutoCAD is an asset.
- Knowledge of Broader Public Sector principles is an asset.
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Applications and resume, including experience, qualifications and references will be received until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 25, 2019 by:
Senior Administrator of Human Resources Services
Niagara Catholic District School Board
427 Rice Road
We thank all candidates for applying however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Personal information about applicants is collected under the authority of Section 171 (10 (3) of the Education Act RSO 1990 and will be used to assess the suitability of applicants for employment with Niagara Catholic District School Board and to establish payroll and benefit files for the successful applicant. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as a condition of employment.
FRANK FERA JOHN CROCCO
CHAIR OF THE BOARD DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,418.98 /year
- project/facilities management: 3 years (Required)