You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military instillations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place where thousands of people rely on your team to bring out the best in their day. Join us and know you can make it happen by creating a home away from home for our clients. You can make every day more enjoyable simply by serving a nutritious meal, or ensuring a safe living environment, or creating recreational programs for their down time. No matter what role you play with us, it will be an important one.
Why work with ESS Support Services? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We work with clients in the oil and gas, mining, construction, coastal logging, military and defense sectors. Coverage is as diverse as offshore oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, to coastal logging camps in B.C., to construction camps in the Alberta Oil Sands. Facilities are located within drill camps, mining camps, construction camps, pipeline camps, oil and gas installations and correctional facilities.
Now, if you were to come on board as our Recreation Manager, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Manage and provide recreation programming and events for camp residents that include fitness, sporting, recreation and entertainment activities
- Oversee management of recreation facilities, maintain fitness equipment, and facilitate repairs and maintenance of equipment
- Manage and report on department financials and participation statistics
- Purchase equipment and supplies for gym, sports, decorations, etc.; track and manage inventory and ensure proper equipment is available and in place for events and activities
- Maintain good client communications and ensure contractual obligations to client are fulfilled
- Ensure compliance with all ESS and Compass Group operating policies and procedures
- Manage, coach, train and performance manage staff, as well as plan, assign and direct work, address complaints and resolve problems
- Create, plan, organize and publicize recreation events and create monthly calendar of activities and events
- Ensure travel coordination for guests to events is communicated and well organized
- Promote recreation events and activities with posters, newsletters, white boards and conversations with residents
- Help plan and promote special events and theme nights such as Halloween, Christmas parties, Super Bowl, St. Patrick’s Day, etc.
- Confirm paperwork is prepared accurately and timely in accordance with operations manual, client, and corporate requests
- Continually review services with the object of reducing cost and increasing profitability without loss of established standards
- Meet and greet clients, guests, and visitors
- Perform all duties in the safest possible manner and report all incidents and Health & Safety concerns appropriately
Think you have what it takes to be our Recreation Manager? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you will be successful:
- Three to six months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Past experience with managing or supervising employees
- Strong customer-service skills, professional and friendly with guests to ensure customer satisfaction
- Self-motivated, demonstrated initiative and well organized
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer literacy including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- First aid certification and/or previous Health & Safety training is an asset"
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.