WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support for the Wood segment to field sales in order to increase account growth ultimately impacting division profit.
- Communicate competitive information, new products and selling issues to Sales Force.
- Communicate extended product knowledge in Wood markets and technologies.
- Manage product test runs at designated customer facilities.
- Assist sales reps in calling on prospective customers/target accounts; provide technical support for product demos as directed.
- Maintain contact with laboratory on current technical issues.
- Assist with equipment installations and various line or equipment modifications/adjustments.
- Conduct technical training seminars at customers’ facilities.
- Evaluate product complaints and decide best way to resolve problem.
- Assist customers in preparing paint specifications to meet product applications.
- Troubleshoot on-line technical problems such as correcting batches and formulation of products.
- Advise customers of product line changes and improvements.
- Assist customers with product inventory control/re-ordering.
- Train customers on product knowledge and application methods.
- Assist sales reps by preparing samples, panels, etc. for presentations.
- Operate all material handling, color matching, tinting, mixing and lab testing equipment as required and in a safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- Employee may be required to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Employee will spend approximately 45% of the day sitting (due to driving). Employee must be able to drive a car or van, since a major portion of this position is traveling from site to site.
- Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to operate a hand truck and/or material handling equipment.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Technical experience within the paints and coatings industry.
- Wood experience and/or knowledge