PMO Analyst / Project Controls Analyst
Our client, a large Pipeline, midstream Oil and Gas organization is looking to hire PMO Analyst / Project Controls Analyst to join their team in Calgary, Alberta.
The role will provide the interface between the Project and the Delivery Teams. This will involve communications and coordination of the program activities across the teams and ensuring any scheduling conflicts are identified and communicated.
Specific Work Scope:
- Development of Integrity / Work Breakdown Structure during the development stage that helps facilitate cost control during execution and meets Project Accounting requirements.
- Assist the team in scope management by providing insight into scope definition, verification and change control.
- Together with the Technical Planner/Scheduler/Area Business Leader, ascertain that the correct scope of the work is reflected on integrated Master Schedule.
- Provide guidance to Finance Associates for coding invoices against appropriate work orders and project task codes and provide support for reviewing invoices against vendor supplied back up information.
- Prepare expenditure profile, work force histograms, and forecasts for contracts and AFEs.
- Create and maintain Project Change Order and Trend logs as dictated by Change Management procedure.
- Provide cost management/reporting for internal costs.
- Develop templates, examples and checklists to assist the Program Teams.
- Participate in the regular Program Status meetings, present summarized cost data to participants, highlight cost and cost impacting schedule issues, and get resource commitments for resolution by deadlines.
- Prepare AFE/Budget status with variance analysis for Senior Management and Program Management.
- Assist in the preparation of project Close-Out Plan.
- Cost management for assigned Program Budgets AFEs with tracking of actual expenditure, incurred costs and commitments
- Cost controls in project lifecycle in a proactive manner
- Preparation and analysis of Program and AFE status reports.
- Office environment
- Occasional travel to the field or construction sites in Canada
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience
- Project Management professional designation is an asset.
- Experience in project management, project controls, cost controls and construction management preferably within the pipeline transmission business.
- Requires mature communication and sound analytical skills.
- A self-starter who has the ability to work individually and within a team setting
- Experience with SAP/Oracle Financials (Work Orders and Project Accounting modules) and Markview invoicing would be an asset.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Good communication, interpersonal, organization and team skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload, bring issues forward and develop working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of MS Windows/Outlook and Office Suite.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Oracle and SAP an asset.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g. Project Management, Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, B-Com, Finance, Business Admin.)
If this sound like the right role for you and you are confident at what you bring to the table, apply now!
All candidates are subject to Background, Reference, Drug and Alcohol test, and other checks.
Although we appreciate all applications, only those that meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. We thank you all for your interest.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Interested candidate is also encouraged to submit a copy of updated resume to Resource Manager, Geraldine Valiarayil at email@example.com, with the Job Order Number / Position Name in the subject line outlining how you meet the qualifications required for the job.