We’re looking for a talented Intermediate Developer. Are you looking to be part of a true Canadian success story?
CMI Financial Group (CMI) is looking for an Intermediate Full Stack Developer to join our development team on a permanent, full-time basis. It’s an exciting opportunity to be a part of a true Canadian success story. Help us write our next chapter! Join our winning team at CMI, Canada’s premier private mortgage lender.
Founded in 2005 as a family-owned mortgage brokerage, CMI Financial Group has grown to become a multi-faceted and award-winning leader in the Canadian non-bank financial services market. Comprised of four distinct brands – CMI Canadian Mortgages Inc., CMI Mortgage Investments, CMI MIC Funds and CMI Mortgage Servicing – CMI Financial Group has become one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and a leader in private mortgage lending and mortgage investment solutions. Named to Maclean’s prestigious Growth List in both 2019 and 2020, we have provided more than $700 million in mortgage financing. CMI is also one of Canada's largest private mortgage investment firms with over $300 million in assets under management.
At CMI, we’re driven by a collective desire to revolutionize our industry by providing borrowers, investors, and the mortgage brokerage community with improved access to private capital. Our mission is to continue to shape the private mortgage lending market by delivering innovative products and exceptional service through an unwavering commitment to our core values: Integrity. Excellence. Results. Our workplace culture thrives on the values of open and honest communication. The growth of our company collectively, and the development of our employees individually, are driven by a collective focus on the value of teamwork.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Intermediate Full Stack Developer will work closely with CMI’s development team and will be responsible for the development of server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. This role requires a dedicated and driven individual, who doesn’t shy away from hard work. All the hard work pays off – you will benefit from a competitive compensation package, a dynamic and supportive team, and the ability to work from your home office.
- Building efficient, testable, and reusable components;
- Solving complex performance problems and architectural challenges;
- Integration of data storage solutions; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong grasp on PHP as a language and knowledge of its quirks.
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming.
- Strong knowledge of CakePHP conventions and patterns, object-relational mapping (ORM), suite of helpers and their use in the presentation layer is an asset.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Basic knowledge of the mortgage brokerage industry an asset.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- 5 years of PHP experience preferred.
- 2 years of CakePHP/MVC Frameworks preferred.
- 5 years of MySQL (or similar QL’s) preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Work from home
- How many years experience do you have with SOAP/REST
- CakePHP: 5 years (required)