S&F De Melis Construction Ltd. is looking for a qualified CAR WASH SERVICE TECHNICIAN to join our organization. The company is based in Concord, Ontario.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time with BenefitsAnticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
S&F De Melis Const. is seeking Service Technician for the southern Ontario region. The Field Service Technicians are responsible for equipment maintenance and repair, and installation of automated and self serve car wash equipment, and for keeping related records. Also, he/she recommends changes in systems, programs and equipment to improve reliability, increase capability, and/or reduce customer costs. The Field Service Technician performs the following duties in the field with minimal supervision and coaching. This position offers varying work schedules and a rotating on-call schedule. Some travel is required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to troubleshoot chemical, mechanical, electromechanical, electronic equipment, PLC controllers and supplies.
- Performs diagnostic analysis.
- May assist in the installation of new car wash equipment
- Performs periodic scheduled and corrective maintenance of installed equipment in an assigned territory.
- Repairs and corrects malfunctions as necessary.
- Modifies or updates equipment when required.
- Prepares detailed service and failure records and recommends changes to customer on a regular basis to improve customer revenues and reduce customer total costs
- Maintains tools, test equipment, and materials in a professional manner.
- May work with processes that are unique or peculiar to customer needs.
- Councils clients relating to use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Is involved in the problem solving process regarding customer complaints.
- Good communication skills. Interfaces with customers and appropriate related company personnel to insure effective communications and dissemination of information required in establishing superior customer service.
- Coordinates and keeps abreast of new developments and innovations leading to improved departmental and company performance.
- Requires technical knowledge to perform the job. Develops improved methods for fulfilling responsibilities.
- Accurately perceives information from others. Assures appropriate flow of information, and reports matters clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- 3 to 5 years related experience
- Requires 2 years of trade school or equivalent in-field experience.
- Understanding of PLC controllers, low voltage control circuits and three-phase power
- Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams
- Excellent employee and customer relations skills
- Experience with Car Wash Equipment a plus.
- Neat and clean in appearance and possess an excellent driving record
- Clean driving record with no more than one (1) moving violation within the past 5 years; no preventable, at-fault accidents within the past 5 years.
- Ability to use basic math and writing skills.
- Must have demonstrable interest and aptitude in mechanical, plumbing, and electrical work through school or hobby interests to include using meters and ACDC power supply.
- Capable of accurately reading and interpreting schematics and blue prints.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret equipment, operating, and maintenance manuals and instructions.
- Ability to successfully work independently or within a team.
- Committed to customer satisfaction and ability to adapt/respond to different personalities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Intermediate computer skills, experience with MicroSoft programs and email communication.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift items of light to heavy weight, up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to intermittently and repeatedly bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, perform repetitive motions using hands to grasp, push, pull, or do fine manipulations, climb ladders, and stand for prolonged periods.
- Must have adequate sight and ability to read blueprints and other engineering documents and/or work orders and other field service documents
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- service technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Preferred)