We are currently hiring a full time Service Writer at our Acheson, AB location.
The Service Writer is the service customers first point of contact with the dealership. The Service writer’s primary responsibility is booking the customers repair inquiry, ensuring proper & timely communication throughout the repair and finalizing the repair order at job completion. The Service Writer works closely with the Service Team Lead and Service Manager to ensure customer satisfaction through successful management of the repair.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt, courteous and accurate service to customers
- Book service appointments
- Open and close work orders within the required time frame
- Handle incoming phone calls in a professional manner.
- Deal with customer issues, requests, questions and complaints in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Service Manager and Service Team Leads for smooth operations of the shop as per Company processes and guidelines.
- Accurately record customers’ truck problems and repair requests
- Keep customers updated as needed regarding ongoing repairs
- Gain knowledge of warranty policies & practices.
- Perform other administrative tasks as required.
- Participate in any technical training or development training that is made available
- Performs the role in a professional manner that aligns with the Company’s’ values and ideals
- Qualifications: *
- Previous Heavy Duty or Auto Service Writer experience is required
- Previous CDK/ADP experience is an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Working knowledge of heavy truck repairs is an asset.
- Previous warranty administration experience is an asset
- Must be organized & self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer
- Ability to deal with large volumes of work and stressful situations
What Can a Career With Us Offer You?
- Competitive wage with bonus program
- Affordable benefit plan with dental & disability
- Retirement Plan
- Opportunity to work with a trusted and valued product line
- Support and leadership from a strong dealership network
- Access to the latest training and technology
- Opportunity for advancement
The Diamond/Harbour/Bell Group is Western Canada’s largest medium & heavy truck dealer with 10 locations throughout Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. We are proud to offer multiple locations with a variety of products and services. From trucks, trailers, forklifts, school buses and parts & service as well; we can provide our customers with a one-stop solution for all their transportation needs.
Join our team today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Service Writer: 1 year (Preferred)