Are you looking for job stability? Fair pay? Opportunities for growth? ServiceMaster is hiring!
Who We Are:
ServiceMaster Restoration provides emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to residential, commercial and insurance customers. We offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by flood, fire, water, wind and other hazards. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and satisfaction. Our core values include: Do the right thing; Do a good job; Empower other to do better; Go above and beyond.
What We Offer:
We are committed to fostering a culture of teamwork, encouraging personal development and providing opportunities for growth within our organization. We offer competitive salaries, extended health benefits and other employee incentives such as tuition reimbursement and employee referral bonuses.
Work in a friendly, flexible environment, surrounded by people who like where they work and want to contribute!
What We Are Looking For:
- A team player!
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Systematic and advanced bookkeeping skills;
- Enrolled in or in the final stages of completing CPA designation
- Excellent excel skills - Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform advanced functions in Excel;
- Knowledge of GAAP;
- Highly organized with proven time-management skills.
KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgers;
- Knowledge and experience of MS Outlook, Word, and Excel; (Must have excellent/advanced knowledge of Excel in particular)
- Knowledge of GAAP;
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Controller in a wide variety of accounting and full-cycle bookkeeping duties. Responsibilities will include:
- Receiving and verifying invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verifying that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Processing and entering credit card reconciliations;
- Posting credit card transactions;
- Understand an support all aspects of the daily operations for the project including invoicing, accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Calculating monthly commissions;
- Reconciling various GL accounts for monthly reporting;
- Costing jobs and invoicing;
- Posting deposits;
- Maintaining listing of accounts payable, general ledger and updating vendor files and file numbers;
- Prepare and reconcile government remittances;
- Preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Review timecard posting
- Process bi-monthly payroll
- Maintain employee database
The successful candidate will have a degree/diploma in a related field. In addition, he/she will possess 3-5 years of experience. Must have solid understanding of Canadian accounting principles and taxes.
Considered and Asset:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Navision
- Experience in construction and/or manufacturing industry
- Operational project experience or project controls experience
Why work at ServiceMaster Restore?
At ServiceMaster Restore, we pride ourselves on our culture and team. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and focus on employee development both personal and professional. We take part in various community events around the city and encourage all staff to participate.
- Competitive salary
- Full benefit package upon completion of 3 months of successful employment
- Internal growth opportunities and industry related course reimbursement
- Annual staff events that include barbeques, trips to Playland, Whistler, etc
- A great team and work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)