We are seeking an individual who desires a long-term opportunity to grow and advance, helping shape an already successful financial planning practice.
Being a member of a small but growing team within a large firm, you gain exposure to many different aspects of the business. Our five-person team is comprised of three advisors, an existing assistant, and you.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage incoming calls
- Schedule and confirm client appointments
- Prepare for client meetings, including preparing financial reports
- Enter notes and tasks into Salesforce
- Handle client service issues as they arise
- Handle client meeting follow-up tasks as delegated
- Handle account transactions, documentation and trade processing.
- Manage new client onboarding process
- Ensure all databases are updated and maintained
- Research information to prepare special reports
- General office administrative duties as assigned
- Find ways to improve efficiency and increase our move to a paperless world
- Maintain client records through filing, scanning
- Manage office technology and servicing
You are a good fit for this role if you possess the following attributes:
- Detail oriented with a touch of OCD
- Strong administrative skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong math, analytical and problem-solving abilities, including the ability to anticipate next steps required to complete the task
- Independent and self-motivated
- Strong planning, time management, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Enjoy working with the public, providing excellent client service
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs
- Enthusiastic, high energy
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, along with exceptional listening skills
- Team oriented – you are willing to pitch in where needed and will go the extra mile
You are even better prepared for this role if you have:
- Some post secondary business, economics, or accounting related courses
- A financial services industry diploma.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an administrative role
Nice to haves:
- Speaks any of the following languages:
Perks of the job:
- This is a permanent full-time position working in our Mississauga office.
- Working as part of a collaborative & diverse team
- Competitive pay and vacation policy
This is not a sales position.
Please submit cover letter and resume in PDF format.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- Swedish (Preferred)