MISTRAS is currently seeking a Maintenance Planner for MISTRAS Canada to join our team at IOL Kearl Lake. This is a full time position on a 10 day on, 10 off rotation.
MISTRAS is a leading "one source" global provider of technology-enabled asset protection solutions used to evaluate the structural integrity of critical energy, industrial and public infrastructure.
MISTRAS uniquely combines its industry-leading products and technologies - 24/7 on-line monitoring of critical assets; mechanical integrity (MI) and non-destructive testing (NDT) services; destructive testing (DT) services; process and fixed asset engineering and consulting services; and its world class enterprise inspection data management and analysis software (PCMS™) to provide comprehensive and competitive products, systems and services solutions from a single source provider.
The primary function of the Maintenance Planner is to establish, maintain, and improve the maintenance planning and scheduling process at a site level for our client.
Duties, and responsibilities of the Maintenance Planner:
- Scope the full extent of maintenance work needed to conduct the relevant repair / preventive / predictive on the organization’s plant and equipment.
- Develop cost and time estimates of planned maintenance and some outage work.
- Write applicable maintenance procedures that promote defect-free maintenance work quality.
- Able and competent in root cause failure analysis and investigations.
- Schedule maintenance work into a production plan.
- Analyze maintenance plans for efficiency, timeliness, and relevance.
- Continually improving planning, scheduling, job reporting systems to increase planning effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collaborate with maintenance supervision to schedule manpower and resources for the most effective production and maintenance outcomes.
- Develop opportunity maintenance plans for unplanned production outages.
- Provide weekly updates to senior management (by summary report) for all work planned, including the projected number of man hours allocated to towards new work identified, and notifications accepted into customer system.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and issuing of maintenance work orders, as required.
- Assist with project and shutdown scheduling.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required
- Post-secondary degree, preferably a diploma in engineering technology or technical trades background.
- 5 + years experience in a maintenance function, preferably a planning function in an industrial environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred or Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of SAP
- Technical Skill trade certification in a mechanical craft.
- Rope access certification through IRATA (willing to receive training in rope access)
- Responsible for most maintenance purchasing and adhering to budget guidelines.
- Provide input into the selection of tooling that will allow for the execution of planned scopes of work in a fiscally responsible manner for the customer.
- Assist with supervision of maintenance employees as required.
- Supervisory tasks will be as required to support the site leadership team, and may involve oversight of tradesmen, NDE technicians or rope technicians.
- Primarily Day Shift
- Office Based / Field Based
- Dirty, wet, cold, hot, among other environmental factors
- Inside / Outside
- Fly in/out shift based work (Flight provider to and From Calgary/Edmonton, AB - Candidates living in Fort McMurray can take a bus directly to site at the start / end of the rotation.)
- 10 days on follow by 10 days off
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Planning: 1 year (Preferred)