Role Description of Resort Planning Manager:
This role deemed to Full-time Seasonal (April to September) and part time in the off season (to be negotiated between the parties).
The Resort Planning Manager will report to the Strata Manager and Council.
La Casa is a West Kelowna vacation community located along Westside Road approximately half way between Kelowna and Vernon, near Fintry. With approximately 480 lots, 400 of which are built out with cottages (est. Oct 2020), La Casa is a vibrant and affluent vacation community in the late Spring, Summer, and early fall (i.e. May long weekend to Labour Day weekend) with some additional year -round occupancy. La Casa is seeking a Resort Planning Manager, a new role created by council to help with the short, medium, and long term operational and financial planning at La Casa.
The Resort Planning Manager will own improvements to processes and development of new tools to provide strategic planning, project leadership and operational expertise to improve efficiency and consistency of maintaining and growing La Casa. This role will also work with the Field Operations Manager in operational goal setting and task management.
The Roles and Responsibility are as follows:
The Skills required for this role are as follows:
- Proven ability in managing time is critical; must be able to plan and execute effectively and efficiently.
- Well developed leadership skills
- Previous experience in a similar role, minimum 5 years supervising and planning.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving ability coupled with ability to translate into practical and measurable action.
- Structure the office staff and professional culture of the office staff.
- Work on maintenance schedules of the property, focus on mechanical, pumps, electrical etc. maintain electronic service log.
- Create a daily, weekly and monthly task list that will see all projects and maintenance completed on time and on budget (usually by May Long Weekend).
- Liaison when required with committee members such as Marina Committee.
- Ensure the web sites are updated and training is given to those responsible for maintaining the web page.
- Provide Field Operation’s Manager, Al McIntyre with direction and target completion dates of maintenance projects.
Communication and Reports
- Meet monthly in person with the Strata Manager to review Capital Projects, Budget, Building
Concerns and Staffing requirements.
- Review the budgeted items that relate to the Site Operations and maintain property within the budgeted amount
- Meet with council (conference call when asked)
- Participate if needed in a monthly meeting with the Compliance Officer, and Strata Manager to review building activities.
- Create with the Input from Field Operation’s Manager Al and Strata Manager staffing requirements and job description within, the staffing budget. Present to council for final approval.
Capital AGM Projects
- Work with the Strata Manager to ensure all AGM projects are completed on budget and on time
- Meet with trades on site and work with the strata manager to build a new reliable vendor list.
- Offer suggestions for new projects and long-term planning of La Casa.
- Look out five years on required maintenance and projects.
- Work with builders to ensure all bylaws are followed during builds and lots are clean and safe
- Instruct team and security on the enforcement of by-laws.
- Meet Compliance Office on site to discuss council’s concerns regarding builds etc.
- Act as a point person for resolving staffing conflicts.
Please apply with your resume and salary expectations.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30, 2019.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary