- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 6+ years relevant work experience
- Proficient in 1 or more core languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python, Ruby, and Node.js)
- Proficient in 1 or more version control software platforms (e.g. git, Subversion, Mercurial)
- Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity
- Knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and HTML document architecture
- Experience developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Vue, Webcomponents, etc.)
- Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
- Experience building accessible software that adheres to varying levels of WCAG 2.0
- Experience working with or building APIs and middleware
Want to help scale Amazon’s fulfillment workforce motivating them with incredible user experiences while keeping them safe and making them happy? Join the Amazon Fulfillment User Experience team – we are hiring a Front-End Engineer who is passionate about the intersection of the physical and the virtual world transcending beyond what is shown on a screen to include the physical environment, building layout, industrial lighting and sound to drive millions of Fulfillment Center Operators to come into work every day and deliver unparalleled Amazon customer experience to retail buying customers.
Our group is multidisciplinary and includes designers, researchers, technologists, and inventors. We only hire the best, and we invest in each of our team members by mentoring, coaching and helping them build their unique careers.
In this role you will work closely with software engineering and UX Designers to build out our design system to work on various devices and displays. You will be an advocate for the user and liaison between development teams and the UX/Business team to bring these experiences to life. You'll enable the developers to build solutions faster and following usability best practices. You'll partner with product management, UX professionals and others to prioritize and work on highest priority experiences.
- Passion for creating efficient, scalable, highly usable web interfaces
- Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Design expertise and experience with UI and workflow prototyping tools