This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, two days paid sick leave annually, 2 day paid personal time annually, paid vacation day for your birthday and money toward continuing education.
- Providing 1st level support to resolve problems on internal and customer systems as per the SOP
- Work with the Level 2 techs and Level 3 engineers to perform customer and internal installations including server racking, network setup and application configuring
- Support of product lines including: Operating Systems, Applications, Network, Backup, Security, Web Analytics and Mail
- Work with engineering & support staff on system O/S and application installation & configuration
- Develop and maintain support documentation including support guides, knowledgebase articles, procedures, and online customer information
- Work rotating On-Call shifts that provide for 24x7
- Data centre work including hardware and cable installation and troubleshooting, remote hands for customers and professional services
- SOP Adherence (declare severities, follow escalation procedures, notifying customers, etc)
- Interface between customers/engineers, vendors and ISP's
- Monitoring the daily performance of operating environment/applications using established tools and procedures
- Create and maintain all operations documentation, procedures and schedules
- Implement and maintain the operations/production processes environment to ensure that SLA’s are met and that all operational problems are tracked and resolved efficiently
- Analyze all computer operations process and procedures to ensure that overall performance and SLA’s can be maintained and measured and improved upon
- Deal with customer calls, providing information where possible.
- Provide day-to-day operational support to users.
- Additional responsibilities include hardware and software installations, hardware replacement, customer installations and other duties as required.
- College diploma or equivalent
- Required Education: IT Diploma from recognized technical institution along with up to date, relevant industry certifications (ie, MCSE 2003, CCNA, MCSA etc)
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows Servers, peripherals and telecommunications devices and hardware.
- Mission critical attitude
- Maintain complete user confidentiality and trust
- Solid time management and problem analysis resolution skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and support skills
- Excellent end-user communication, both written and oral
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in Linus and Windows Server
- Confidence in your own abilities and a willingness to make decisions and escalate when necessary.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills rapidly
- Must have an interest in emerging technologies.
- Must be available to work rotational On-Call shifts (evenings, weekends).
- Experience in a multi-platform server and networking environment
- Training and/or experience with at least two of the following is required for this position:
- Windows Server
- Apple O/S’s
- Experience performing a similar role preferably within a managed hosting environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 /hour