- 4+ years of experience of developing web-based user interfaces
- Experience developing with a front-end framework like Angular, React, or Vue but also knows what magic the framework is actually doing. And can extend it as needed.
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working applications
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. We are passionate about thinking big, innovating on behalf of our customers, and tackling problems at scale. Cloud computing is disrupting, and we are eagerly seeking talented, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join us as we continue build on the AWS platform. AWS is the largest cloud provider in the world, serving nearly 1/3 of all internet traffic. Our team's vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of AWS computing insight.
AWS Insights team is looking for you - a curious and motivated engineer building a great user-experience for our customers around the world. We sit at the nexus of all AWS services and operate on the large-scale distributed AWS Commerce Platform to enable our customers to understand, control and optimize usage of AWS products.
FEEs specialize in how to design and build the user experiences on the technologies our customers interact with. They possess skill in UX design, front-end languages, libraries, frameworks. They understand and create solutions for diverse user requirements (e.g., accessibility, internationalization), user hardware constraints, and front-end security risks. They know how to instrument software with real user metrics (e.g., taps/clicks, feature interaction, performance, fatals, etc.) to provide data and protect the customer experience. They consider these and other dimensions of quality as part of the software architectures they design and the code they write.
We are constantly improving our product and UX. We would like to build a rock-solid low-latency frontend with you, that makes our service an even more powerful tool for our users.
You are an experienced, hands-on developer with strong technical abilities, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results as a member of a diverse and fun team.
Most of all, you should love creating things and take pride in building great applications for customers. While mostly responsible for the frontend, you will closely collaborate with our backend developers to ship features or smoothly operate our service.
You will work highly customer-focused and be given the time to learn in depth about software development tools, latest frontend technologies, and upcoming AWS services. As an experienced developer you will mentor junior engineers. You will be part of a SCRUM team that regularly delivers well-tested and reviewed releases and responds quickly to customers’ needs. Your projects will be publicly available, and make other enterprise customer’s lives easier.
What makes this team a great place to work?
- Day 1 opportunity – You will be one of the first to join a new team that delivers a new AWS capability and make a big impact on AWS enterprise customers.
- Opportunities for Growth and Leadership - You will have the opportunity to work with senior and principal engineers, as well as influence and shape the direction of our services.
- Scale New Heights- With the increased adoption of AWS cloud, you will be working on challenging and complex problems to help us scale and grow the service to meet our customer demands.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (both unit and end-to-end) in a continuous deployment environment
- Server-side web frameworks, Data Modeling, NoSQL
- Passion for data visualization and experience with D3 or other charting libraries
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Good knowledge of AWS Services. Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets
- Passion for user experience and improving usability
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences