ABOUT JOEY RESTAURANTS
JOEY Is proud to be listed as one of the Great Places to Work Canada for the past eight years, A Best Place to Work for Women 2016/17, and recipient of the International Prism Award in 2011 and CoachWise Award in 2015.We have been delivering exceptional dining experiences within a fun and lively setting since 1992 and currently operate over 30 locations throughout BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Washington State and California. We take care of our guests with service that seems to say, “We thought of that just for you.” Our ongoing success is directly attributable to our exceptional team that thrives in a performance driven environment. Our work environment is high energy and our partners are focused on creating irresistible experiences for our guests.
WORKING IN THE KITCHEN, you will acquire the skills, knowledge, experience, and confidence needed to become a world-class cook. In addition to your on-going training, you will have the opportunity to participate in the JOEY apprentice program to attain your Red Seal certification. Along with our culinary apprenticeship program, we facilitate weekly in-store culinary competitions, quick-fire challenges, and black-box challenges.
Those who are apart of our Back of House Team have a determination to succeed and a willingness to learn and be coached by others.
OPPORTUNITIES IN OUR KITCHEN
- As a Sous Chef,you will be responsible for coordinating kitchen operations, from ordering and receiving the raw materials to preparation of the basic sauces and ingredients. The sous chef trains and develops their team. They are responsible for top quality food, productivity of cooks, recruiting and grooming their team.
- As a Grill Cook,judgment of steaks and other meats is key. Once a perfect steak is mastered, you will start coordinating with other grilled and roasted products. There’s a lot of food and equipment to keep track of, and coordination with the other entrée stations is critical. We are looking for those who have 1+ years of experience in a similar role, and an eye for detail and accuracy.
- As a dishwasher,you will have the opportunity to learn the basics, to show off skills and advance to the next level. This position can be a foundation to build on. Both Al Jessa, our COO, and Jeff Fuller, our president and CEO, began their restaurant careers as—you guessed it—dishwashers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of or interest in attaining a certification in culinary arts.
- 1+ years of cooking experience in a similar environment is seen as a strong asset.
- Food safe and First aid certification is seen as a strong asset.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs.
- A true passion and drive to create incredible tasting artwork – imaginative, highly distinctive, and bold.
- A strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to impact performance.
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment. You hate standing still for too long and want to grow your skills and your drive your career.
- Humility coupled with a good sense of humour.
HERE'S WHAT WE OFFER:
- A fun, engaging, high energy work environment.
- Flexible schedules.
- Competitive wages.
- An outstanding corporate culture -- We work hard and play hard and are rewarded for our efforts.
- Growth opportunities and a career path that is performance driven.
- The opportunity to enrol in leadership development programs to further and develop your career.
- A training plan which focuses on elevating the JOEY guest experience. We look for exceptional individuals who have a passion for what they do.
We know our ongoing success is directly attributable to our exceptional team that thrives in a performance driven environment. Join us, won't you?
*JOEY Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Apprenticeship
- cooking: 1 year (Required)