At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
Under the leadership of the Project Manager in Brampton, the Field Technician will participate in the conception and development of various residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure projects in the Geotechnical Field.
- Perform field soil compaction testing with soil density gauge
- Monitor the placement of soil and granular materials, and carry out compaction testing as part of trench backfill, engineered fill or general backfill or grading operations
- Perform concrete slump, air test and cast test cylinders on the field
- Pickup concrete cylinders and return them to the laboratory for testing
- Carry out subgrade inspections
- Perform footing and reinforcing bar inspections
- Monitor the placement of asphalt pavement, including sampling and compaction testing
- Monitor the installation of caissons, piles and shoring system
- Perform soil and granular proctor tests
- Properly identify/classify soil types from samples
- Perform granular sieve tests
The Skills, Knowledge, and Ability We Seek
- Ability to understand and resolve soil, granular and asphalt problems while on construction sites
- Able to read drawings and specifications
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and tact when interacting with fellow staff, clients, consultants and contractors
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write clear field reports, including making recommendations
- Strong organizational and time management skills as well as attention to detail
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for travel to construction sites
- This work is physically demanding due to carrying/transporting concrete cylinders and the soil density gauge
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression.
Should you need any special accommodations, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for the most suitable accommodations based on your needs.
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it is a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com .