PEOPLE. That’s the magic behind Brooks Corning.
We foster an environment that challenges the status quo. Our organization is made up of individuals driven to be the best in their field. We value humility, a sense of humour and individuals whose drive for excellence results in a more rewarding work experience for all employees – individuals that enjoy being part of something bigger than themselves.
Our efforts have positioned our company as a leader in workspace furnishings and architectural walls. We are a small business where everyone’s contribution matters.
We require a full-time Intermediate Accountant to join our Finance team and report to the Director of Finance at our head office location in Olympic Village.
· Full cycle accounting including – Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Collections, Reconciliations, Benefits and Financial Reporting
· Reconciliations of Deposits, Credit Cards, accounts
· Government filings and remittances (GST/PST)
· Assist in the preparation of invoices
· Assist in Inventory management
· Prepare monthly reporting
· Assist finance team with completion of projects
· Troubleshoot issues that come up – not afraid to ask questions to learn more
Skills and Attributes:
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent diploma in accounting, or business
· 2-years experience as an accountant
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Quickbooks
· Solid understanding of accounting concepts and processes
· Resourceful to figure things out and flexible to adapt to changing priorities
· Fantastic communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills to work with teams from every department
· detail orientated and capable of performing a variety of tasks with competing deadlines
· Able to work independently and be a self starter
· Public Accounting experience an asset
· Must be eligible to work in Canada
· Competitive compensation
· Group extended health and dental benefits after 3 months
· Group bonus plan
· Birthday off
· Dog friendly office
· Regular employee social events
Please email a cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year