Want to work in a challenging and rewarding role for an exciting and growing company in a fun and interesting industry? Enjoy having ice cream, specialty coffee, and pizza available at the office? Come work at TFI! We’re the Eastern Canadian leader in specialty food equipment sales and service.
TFI is known as the insightful leader in the Food Service Industry, we are dedicated to helping our customers refine and reinvent their products offerings and customer experience with our premium Food Service equipment, OEM parts, supplies and Field Service. Our company core purpose is to ensure that each piece of equipment we sell and service offers “the Perfect Serving” – each and every time.
With over 90 employees working in Ontario and Atlantic Canada, as well as over 60 years of experience, TFI can offer a Career that is stable, challenging and rewarding. TFI is looking for Field Service Technicians who are committed, trustworthy, specialists in their role/field, love to engage with customers, are passionate about their work and strive to always be better.
Field Service Technician (Refrigeration Mechanic)
Field Service Manager
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for performing offsite and onsite maintenance/repairs to all models of Commercial Food Equipment (Taylor, Henny Penny and Franke) sold by TFI. As a Field Service Technician at TFI, you will be responsible for maintaining an extremely high level of customer service and professionalism while repairing and maintaining food service equipment. If a customer has an issue with their machine, it is up to TFI to ensure that they are up and running as soon as possible; their business often depends on it.
- Installing, maintaining, repairing and testing a variety of specialty foodservice equipment, including frozen carbonated beverage (FCB) units, soft serve machines, super automatic espresso machines, fryers, combi ovens and clamshell grills;
- Interacting with our customers and ensuring that their concerns are appropriately addressed in a professional and courteous manner;
- Responding quickly and efficiently to service calls/PMs/Installs;
- Assessing and completing repairs quickly, efficiently, and accurately;
- Effectively handling service requests and work orders using TFI’s mobile service (tablet) system;
- Maintaining an orderly and accurate parts inventory in your TFI provided service truck/van;
- Training with other technicians on preventative maintenance and service procedures;
- Maintaining relationships with customers by examining concerns, identifying solutions and recommending system improvements;
- Selling additional services and products by recognizing opportunities to up-sell;
- Responding to on-call service emergencies on select evenings and weekends;
- Some overnight travel required (company credit card, gas card and per diem provided);
- Travel to the Manufacturer Facilities (USA) for continuous development/training opportunities as required by position;
- Valid 313A commercial refrigeration licence
- Trade school diploma or college diploma
- Valid G2 Gas fitter Licence.
- Mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance Licence and experience a plus.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions in English orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Knowledge and ability to work on 110v up to and including 220v system and equipment.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, with the ability to ask probing questions and understand and resolve customer concerns;
- Must be smartphone and tablet literate, with the ability to learn and navigate new software quickly;
- Must be able to independently apply TFI’s processes, procedures and uphold rigorous standards without constant management;
- Any second language an asset.
- Full-time, year-round position;
- A company culture that values ideas, initiatives and personal growth with a strong emphasis on rewarding positive contributors to the overall culture.
- Excellent compensation packages – including: Health & Dental benefits, Pension Plan and Competitive Wages;
- Frequent and World-Class Training Opportunities at our Manufacturer Partners in the United States.
- Continuous opportunities for personal growth by working on multiple equipment lines, with a variety of different model types and challenging problems.
- Use of a company vehicle to conduct service visits.
- TFI supplies every technician with the most up to date technology in the industry, including tablets and smartphones operating cutting edge cloud-based software.
- TFI provides all training and tools to be successful in this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- technical repair: 2 years (Preferred)
- Niagara Falls, ON (Required)
- G2 Gas Fitter (Preferred)
- 313A (Preferred)