Kelowna, BC (Head Office)
Full-time (40 hours per week), Contract, Permanent
$20-25 per hour depending on experience.
Parke Pacific Projects Ltd. Is accepting applications for the role of Junior Estimator/Project Coordinator. This newly created role will support the existing Estimating and Project Management departments.
- Excellent remuneration package
- Exciting and varied responsibilities in a growing company
- Opportunity for career growth
- 100% family owned company
Parke Pacific Projects is a commercial construction company that believes in Customer Service, Efficiency, Reliability, Dependability, Safety Oriented and Environmental Sustainability. We have over 150 years of combined experience in the commercial construction industry. We have seen the highs and lows of the industry and have excelled through it all. We also work all throughout Western Canada, primarily in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. We know what needs to be done to deliver your project on time and on budget.
Parke Pacific Projects is located in Kelowna, BC in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. Although our projects are mainly outside of the Okanagan Valley, this particular position will be based out of our Head Office in Kelowna, BC.
The Junior Estimator/Project Coordinator is a newly created position at Parke Pacific Projects and will be a key member of our estimating/project management team, reporting to the General Manager. The Junior Estimator/Project Coordinator will be responsible to support the General Manager/Owner in the generation of proposals particularly focusing on retail petroleum, Commercial Retail Unit (CRU), and major branded food partner industries. This individual will also support the project managers in their coordination of projects.
Junior Estimator key responsibilities will include:
- Analyze tender documents (drawings, specifications, and other documents) to determine the scope of work.
- Complete accurate takeoff for materials and labour estimate.
- Prepare subcontractor scope of work packages.
- Obtain material and subcontractor pricing.
- Complete detailed reviews of vendor and subcontractor pricing. Provide recommendations on pricing that should be carried.
- Prepare and submit RFI’s to clarify any discrepancies or concerns identified while estimating the project.
- Provide general manager with labour manhours, material estimate, subcontractor pricing, risk register, and clarifications prior to closing the tender.
- Assist general manager with generating proposal documents.
- Review contract to ensure it is based on the submitted tender.
- Assist project manager with estimating extra work after the contract is issued.
- Maintain estimate schedule.
Project Coordinator key responsibilities will include:
- Project administration including: pricing of change orders, tracking requests for information, review of shop drawings and submittals, and coordination of information provided and required by sub-trades and suppliers
- Work closely with the project manager and site superintendent to minimize their need to do task work
- Prepare and update the project schedule under the direction of the Project Manager
- Update the project budget and cost reports during construction
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with client(s), consultant(s), sub-trades and suppliers
- Provide assistance to ensure project health, safety and environmental standards meet legislated requirements and company policy
- Review drawings and complete quantity takeoffs
- Coordinate shop drawing approval
Who should apply?
- Candidates willing to work in a high paced environment.
- Professional team players who can work collaboratively with other members of the organization.
- Those who bring a solution-minded approach to all aspects of the job.
- Someone who is willing to challenge the status quo and think outside of the box will excel with Parke Pacific Projects.
- Candidates must possess strong computer skills.
- Excellent communicators (written and verbal).
- Must be able to read and analyze tender documents (drawings and specifications).
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- It is Preferred that candidates will have a minimum of 1-3 years of “hands-on” experience in the capacity of construction/estimating/project coordination.
- Post secondary education, CET and / or trades certification (Preferred).
- English (Required)
Why should you apply?
- Join a company with a fun and exciting culture, that inspires growth and advancement.
- Opportunity for long term career advancement.
- A chance to live and work in the beautiful Okanagan Valley.
- Full benefit package available after 3 months successful employment.
Please apply by email, no phone calls. We thank all who apply, but only applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2020-06-03
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour