TS Innovation (TSI) is the Canadian subsidiary of France based HEF Group (www.hefusa.com). The HEF Group has been a global leader in the science of tribology (wear & friction) for more than 50 years.Today, HEF is active in more than 40 countries throughout Europe, Asia, and the Americas, engaged in providing Liquid Nitriding services & chemicals; PVD-based coating services; tribology testing services; and supplying engineered bushings for demanding industrial applications.
HEF Group operates a global service jobbing network that provides our nitriding treatments and PVD coating services to manufacturers of automotive components and precision components used in industrial equipment such as pumps, valves, compressors, hydraulic machinery, gearboxes etc.
TS Innovation is currently seeking a Plant Manager to oversee and manage the operations of its current Liquid Nitriding and PVD coating facility in the Montreal, Quebec area. This facility was started in July 2019 and provides surface treatments and coatings to 30 plus industrial customers already - with substantial business expansion possibilities within Quebec.
Location: St. Eustache, Quebec (Montreal area)
The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall operational performance of TS Innovation. This includes managing the operational and administrative staff. The key performance metrics of these facilities are profitability, quality, cost, customer satisfaction, turnaround time, compliance to environmental and safety standards.
· Direct supervision of all production center employees and administrative staff.
· Ensures timely delivery of services in a cost-effective manner and in adherence with the quality system requirements.
· Daily Management of all Center production activities including Management/Implementation of parent company directives, administration and adherence to quality and safety systems at production facility.
· Overall responsibility of all production and maintenance staff to ensure their long-term performance via employee development, cross-training, succession planning. Work to establish a disciplined, well-trained, highly motivated and effective work force.
· Implement Preventive Maintenance activities, Process Work Instructions and Quality Management Procedures.
· Responsible for on-time delivery, equipment up-time, product quality and overall cost structure of the facility.
· Responsible for effective cost control and continuous improvements to ensure that the facility operates profitably.
· Interact with Customers to maintain effective working relationships and provide a high level of customer service.
· Ensure customer satisfaction by administration of Quality Systems and adherence to established production and maintenance standards.
· Ensure compliance to all required environmental, safety and internal housekeeping standards.
· Ensure proper care, maintenance and preservation of all TS Innovation capital assets.
· Responsible for complying with all city, provincial and country business laws and practices.
· Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in science or engineering; relevant experience in a technically demanding production environment may be a substitute
· 7-10 years of experience in managing production outcomes according to customer specifications; previous experience in the metals processing industry - plating, heat-treatment, and coatings industry is highly preferred.
· Previous operational experience in managing a team of at least 15 associates.
· Experience of operational managing a fast paced, quick turnaround jobbing / service business is essential.
· Strong mechanical (and some electrical) aptitude will be highly valuable.
· Experience working in a manufacturing/ production environment and managing production cycles to deliver products/ services on time.
· Progressive management responsibility and ability to manage competing priorities and be measured against quantified metrics related to on-time delivery, first-time quality, productivity, costs etc. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Experience in managing multiple location operations highly preferred.
· Experience in starting greenfield operations is highly preferred.
· Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders – internal sales and engineering staff, production and quality management staff, customers etc.
The candidate will need to reside within a 50-kilometer driving distance of St. Eustache – where TS Innovation has its facility.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits:
Base: CND $80,000-$90,000 annually.
Bonus Plan: Up to 10% – based upon completion of objectives.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year