WAREHOUSE IS LOCATED IN BRANTFORD
ROUTES ARE LOCATED IN WATERDOWN AND HAMILTON AREAS
Company Description/About Us
NorthFIRE Industries Inc. is more than just a courier company; we are a team of *Fierce, *Independent and *Reliable *Entrepreneurs operating out of Brantford, Ontario, Canada since 2019. At NFI we believe in and strive for providing top rated customer service experiences to both our clients and their customers. Additionally, we are also proudly committed to playing a vital role in the communities we serve in a variety of creative and innovative ways, including an annual Porch Pick Up Food & Clothing Drive during the holidays. As a team, work hard to demonstrate our difference and unwillingness to settle for anything less than exceptional. We operate on the belief that we are responsible for more than just delivering a package, we are also delivering an experience.
As an integral part of our highly rated customer service team, you will be responsible for maintaining and providing the same level of service as our clients and customers have come to know and love. The following outlines the general and regular duties of the position, however, these responsibilities are not limited to those listed. As the industry changes and adapts to events and models, these duties may change or shift as needed.
- Conducting a pre- and post- trip inspection and log of the assigned vehicle to ensure safety during deliveries and while on the road, reporting all maintenance needs and damage immediately
- Repetitive lifting, sorting, scanning, loading and unloading of various sizes, shapes and weighted boxes and envelopes (weighing between 1 to 65lbs)
- Delivering assigned packages to residential, commercial and rural customers in a safe, courteous, and timely manner.
- Maintaining regular communication with the Operations team of our client as well as our internal team, reporting progress, concerns, incidents etc
- Contacting customers to confirm delivery details
- Providing and maintaining a high degree of excellence and customer service to each customer
- Bringing/reporting all returns to the warehouse at the end of the assigned route
- Safely driving and operating delivery vehicles at all times, adhering to all rules, regulations and laws as according to The Highway Traffic Act.
- Helping fellow team members complete their routes when needed, rotating weeks of on call may be necessary
- Start time is non-negotiable, 7AM, 8AM or 9AM depending on route, finish time is dependent on route size and your commitment/time management
Requirements / Preferred Qualifications
- Valid Driver’s License, G with 6 years of insured driving experience
- MUST NOT HAVE ANY DRIVING INFRACTIONS
- "INSURED COURIER EXPERIENCE" does not include DoorDash, SkipTheDishes, Uber or any other ride share or food delivery services.
- No criminal or court record related to the provided services: our client completes background checks on all drivers.
- Advanced level of English: reading, writing and comprehension
- Must be located in Brantford, Brant County, Haldimand-Norfolk, Hamilton or nearby surrounding areas
- Intermediate understanding of GPS systems, navigation and maps
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, time management skills and be well organized
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing start and end times, as well be able to work in a fast paced working environment
- Must be comfortable driving and working in all varying weather conditions
- Own a smartphone in good condition with a suitable data package, recommended 4GB of monthly data
- Complete theoretical and practical training
- Succeed the end-of-training exam
- Company vehicle is provided, terms and conditions apply and can be discussed during the interview
Compensation / Benefits
- Piece work pay structure, paid weekly by (your choice of) e-transfer, cheque or money order.
(rates vary as follows based on performance)
(you are required to submit simple weekly invoices for payment, templates can be provided if needed)
- Starting rate for safe dropped packages: $1.20 per package
- Starting rate for received packages (with signature, COVID accommodations currently in place): $1.40 per package
- Average daily volume can range from 110-175+ packages, 110-140 stops/day
- Rates will increase based on positive performance, continued provision of services
- Additional performance based bonuses and incentives in place, such as cash, gift cards, day trips, etc
- Ongoing training and support from one of the client’s highest rated local drivers
- Fun, safe, supportive and enjoyable working environment and team
- Opportunity for growth as Team Lead or Driver Trainer as we expand to different stations and grow our team
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $150.00-$200.00 per day
- Company Events
- Flexible Schedule
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- insured courier: 1 year (Preferred)
- infraction free insured driving: 6 years (Required)
- Full G License (Preferred)
- Loading the delivery vehicle from a staging area
- Delivering to residential locations
- Delivering to commercial locations
- Heavy lifting