Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
About the Position:
As the People Business Partner, you will be an internal consultant and business partner for the assigned client groups to build and ensure the success of their people strategies. You will be responsible for collaborating and responding proactively to the unique needs that business function requires. Providing proactive consultation in all areas of workforce planning including talent management, employee relations, organizational effectiveness and restructuring as well as employee engagement and People Manager/Leadership development. Additionally, this includes the identification and resolution of critical issues for the client groups and the proactive implementation of best practices that promote and develop a highly positive and engaged workforce.
Using Data, you will be required to think big, be comfortable challenging convention and, in some cases, reinvent how work is done. You will be the cultural ambassador, collaborating with the front-line leadership teams that you support to Make Work Life Better for all our people.
- As a trusted advisor to the Management team, you will establish close partnerships and provide guidance and consultation on all people related matters; Legal and procedural compliance, employee relations, workforce planning, talent and performance management, career development, succession planning, compensation and terminations
- Provide leadership coaching and consultation to the management team that fosters a high performance driven culture
- Support a positive employee work experience by building relationships at all levels of the organization while being an employee advocate
- Leverage insightful and critical data to design and implement solutions to business challenges and to enhance the employee experience
- Deliver large scale People & Culture programs in partnership with the workplace experience, channel strategies, employee & cultural experience, total rewards & wellbeing, talent acquisition, & leadership, learning, and development teams.
- With a strong perspective on the internal landscape and external talent pool, create and deploy talent development programs that will Identify, attract, retain/motivate and develop productive and engaged people. Such programs include; TIP, succession planning, High potential development, retention and talent acquisition strategies.
- Handle highly sensitive employee relations issues and/or sensitive data issues requiring discretion partnering with legal, investigations, and security.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in human resources, operations, business, or related field.
- HR experience in the following areas highly preferred: Organizational design, talent management, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, data analysis, and employee relations.
- Five years of human resource experience supporting management team(s) within a global organization.
- High degree of personal and professional credibility, including responsiveness, business focus, integrity, agility, sound judgment, conflict resolution and ability to prioritize effectively across competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand business drivers and cultural/organizational dynamics and lead effective organizational diagnosis to understand the root causes of organizational issues.
- Proven effective consulting skills, ability to influence in all directions, and demonstrated ability to coach senior leaders
- Comfortable operating in a fast past environment
- When you play, you play to win! By communicating with confidence and transparency, you have demonstrated your ability to influence others to follow. You are continuously diligent and push yourself to achieve greater success.
- You foster collaboration to achieve shared outcomes by breaking down silos and building relationships across the organization, especially at leadership levels. You promote transparent communication and collaboration between teams while having a continued focus on our customers.
- Demonstrated experience using your influence to compel others to gain acceptance of new ideas from a wide audience. Champion a compelling direction that ignites people’s full commitment
- You are inquisitive. You can articulate and illustrate key aspects of the business philosophy, strategy and company values.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity at all times and understand how to react quickly to changing priorities even when not all the information is available.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.