Position: Full Time Level 2/3 Electrical Apprentice
Company: Universal Energy Resources Inc.
You will work as part of an engineering consulting team for the design, development, and implementation of electrical systems required for industrial, utility, and light industrial facilities. This position is based in the Winnipeg office. Travel is required.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Electricians in the maintenance, operation and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
- Assist with and perform troubleshooting, installation, repair and maintenance tasks in order to ensure the effective operation of various electrical equipment.
- Prepare reports on safety measures in accordance to local and federal regulations and company procedure.
- Will be working under direct supervision of Journeyman Electricians.
- Accreditation as a Level 2/3 electrical apprentice from an accredited post secondary institution.
- Minimum of 1-5 years of experience in electrical installations work for the commercial, industrial and utility sectors.
- Thorough knowledge of different tools and equipment.
- Able to complete electrical wiring tasks, alignment adjustments, and calibration of equipment following manuals, schematics, diagrams, blueprints and equipment specifications.
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code, Manitoba Electrical Code, City of Wpg bylaws with technical interpretations, National Fire Protection Code and National Building Codes are required.
- Demonstrated experience with applicable Standards.
- Valid drivers license.
- A solid demonstration of technical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Physically able to work in a fast-paced environment, travel to perform site work and field assignments when needed.
- Criminal record check c/w finger prints are required. Those who have “Reliability Status” Clearance is considered optimal.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Installations Work: 1 year (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Drivers Licence (Required)
- Reliability Status Clearance (Preferred)
- Criminal Record Check c/w finger prints (Required)