VARD is a global designer and shipbuilder of many vessel types with shipyards and subsidiary offices located throughout the world. Within VARD, Vard Electro is a leading system integrator delivering turnkey electrical systems and solutions for the global maritime industry. It offers a comprehensive set of services that cover the entire lifecycle of a vessel, from engineering through installation, integration testing and commissioning, to remote diagnostics, conversions and on-going field services to support operations and maintenance.
Are you looking for interesting, exciting, meaningful and challenging work? Are you agile and adaptable in your knowledge and skills? Then VARD Electro Canada is looking for you. We are seeking motivated, dedicated, brilliant people to help grow our Canada business. Versatile people who can look beyond their job titles to make a difference.
Position: Project Planner (5 years to 12 years experience)
Reports to: Project Manager and Project Services Manager
Location: Greater Vancouver area
Job Type / Category
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Supports Project Manager by developing and monitoring resource loaded schedules in Excel, MS Projects and/or Primavera P6
- Supports Project Service Manager by monitoring overall project resource load and forecast
- Facilitates schedule development sessions with project team and subcontractors and collects data for schedule logic, activity durations, cost and resource requirements.
- Collect and distribute project performance information to the project team on a regular basis
- Incorporate and track project progress using earned value management (EVM) and rules of credit
- Determine project performance metrics such as SPI and CPI
- Assist Project Manager in preparing reports and presentations
- Develop and implement planning and EVM processes
- Analyzes schedule for conflicts and/or critical items and advises the Project Manager of potential solutions
- Recognized post-secondary education business diploma or similar
- Advanced computing skills (Power Point, Excel, Access)
- Specific computer skills with Microsoft Projects, Primavera P6, data extracts from ERP systems
- Professional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Highly organized and proactive, good time management skills
- Be able to follow direction and work in a team environment
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details
- Understanding of shipbuilding design and construction process
- Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status
- Meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian Government security clearance
Please send resume to hr.electro.canada@ vard.comwith VEC1901 Application in subject line.
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time